Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

Everton's fans honestly appear to be some of the worst in the Premier League with all the things I've seen from them this season, but it's undeniable that they're incredibly passionate and doing more to help the players than Frank Lampard. They create an atmosphere.

Urgh. 

Hopefully the pitch invasion does a repeat of that one time it happened and add loads of time on and Palace score 

As much as I wanted them to go down for the lols, fair play to Everton. Grinding the results out the last few weeks and got over the line. Least that'll make my bluenose mates happy. 

One thing I would say, Everton still need serious work doing from top to bottom if they want to avoid a repeat of this. Enjoy the next few weeks but the work needs to go in over the summer

Much prefer trying to sort the mess out from the Premier League like.

That's an all-timer tonight. Unbelievable comeback and about bloody time we saw something like that from Everton. Guts, heart and a bit of quality.

The pitch invasion can piss off like. Hate how that's become normal in English football.

In the space of a few days we've had pitch invasions for winning a semi-final and managing to avoid relegation. This shit really needs to stop before more people get hurt.

Oh, and now another one at Port Vale with Swindon players getting attacked.

There's a video going around of fans getting in Patrick Viera's face afterwards and Patrick retaliating with a kick to the leg. 

Honestly there's been too many incidents now in a short space of time. It's going to set football back all of this. 

I mean in terms of the person he kicked didn't physically touch him at all, did he? I'm sure he said something to him, but it doesn't look like the fan touched Vieira in any way. 

At the end of the day it's a completely fucked up situation and the fans should not be on the pitch. I'm sure the fan was saying a bunch of fucked up stuff to him too, but that doesn't mean Vieira can haul off and kick him, funny as that may be.

Fans stepping on the pitch should immediately be treated as provocation. Punishments going forward should be matches where only the away allocated tickets are valid, points deductions, and lifetime bans for every fan who steps on the pitch.

Go nuclear with it since it's a very clear safety issue.

• Like 4

Relegation would probably be a disaster for Everton so in that sense its good that they are safe.

But the club needs a lot of sorting out

7 minutes ago, Colly said:

I've just seen the zoomed out video, there's a guy with a 6 or 7 year old on his shoulders trying to get in Vieira's face. What the fuck is wrong with people?

An Everton fan attacking someone with a child on their person? Never seen anything like that before.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/01/everton-fan-jailed-for-attacking-lyon-player-while-holding-toddler

...ah.

1 hour ago, Colly said:

I've just seen the zoomed out video, there's a guy with a 6 or 7 year old on his shoulders trying to get in Vieira's face. What the fuck is wrong with people?

I presumed that guy was one of the ones trying to diffuse the situation, but may be wrong.

There's one older bloke in shorts who wades in to try and lead Vieira away from it all.

If I was Vieira I'd react the same way in that situation. Been some disgusting scenes at games this week and what the away team's manager and players are being subjected to is abhorrent.