Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

They won't, just look at how many extensions to deadlines and moving goalposts Derby have had. If the authorities will do that for Derby there's bordering on zero chance they'd just let Chelsea go out of business

7 hours ago, Matt said:

They won't, just look at how many extensions to deadlines and moving goalposts Derby have had. If the authorities will do that for Derby there's bordering on zero chance they'd just let Chelsea go out of business

You should start a campaign. they go out of business then leeds cant get relegated!

Maybe. I dunno.

(I dont necessarily want Chelsea to go out of business Im just fascinated by the idea)

10 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Has Klopp given up on the league title then?

Or does he know he can still beat Southampton with a much weaker first XI than usual? 

Im gonna say the latter.

A lot of the starting XI players really have needed a rest for a while tbf

37 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Has Klopp given up on the league title then?

Or does he know he can still beat Southampton with a much weaker first XI than usual? 

Probably thinks the team can beat them, Salah/Van Dijk/Fabinho have their knocks and then others who played 120 minutes. 

I mean we've not played bad but that came from nothing 

• Like 1

I didn't think it was a clear foul tbh. Wouldn't fall under clear and obvious for me. 

Lovely finish by Minamino. We're not playing bad here. Does feel there is more goals in this. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

I didn't think it was a clear foul tbh. Wouldn't fall under clear and obvious for me. 

Lovely finish by Minamino. We're not playing bad here. Does feel there is more goals in this. 

Having saw the replay again, that's absurd to me that VAR didn't intervene. It's clear and obvious because one look at the replay shows it's an obvious foul.

An obvious foul, but surely too far past by the time the goal goes in?

Either way, a deserved Liverpool win. Southampton were very poor, totally lacking in ambition or urgency against a second string Liverpool team.

2-1 win, lots of players rested. Hopefully Joe Gomez isn't too badly hurt though 😕

It's good that the title race will go to the last day. I'm in a space where I'm not expecting anything but if something does happen well, that would be a bit of fun wouldn't it?

6 minutes ago, Hobo said:

2-1 win, lots of players rested. Hopefully Joe Gomez isn't too badly hurt though 😕

It's good that the title race will go to the last day. I'm in a space where I'm not expecting anything but if something does happen well, that would be a bit of fun wouldn't it?

Pretty much how I've felt the last few games. I've been saying we're going to win it, purely for the excitement and the thought of it but realistically it's been City's to lose for so long and for us to get back to the position of being a point behind is excellent. 

Stranger things have happened... Me and my mates joke about when we were out for the game the other season and Brighton were leading for twenty seconds and the place went mental for them twenty seconds...then City obviously scored and went on to batter them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Stranger things have happened... Me and my mates joke about when we were out for the game the other season and Brighton were leading for twenty seconds and the place went mental for them twenty seconds...then City obviously scored and went on to batter them. 

That was a great 20 seconds, to be fair.