Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

18 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Wouldn't go that far, but I'm a lot happier with it now than I was two weeks ago.

I think you's are sorted now. Got momentum behind you compared to Leeds and Burnley. 

I think it's gonna be Leeds going down now. 

Justice served with the immediate reply since that Villa goal never should have happened since Watkins was offsides but the linesman never put his flag up. Not even counting the potential foul (that one's a tough sell because Tsimikas is at fault for the Villa player completely wiping out Matip)

17 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Justice served with the immediate reply since that Villa goal never should have happened since Watkins was offsides but the linesman never put his flag up. Not even counting the potential foul (that one's a tough sell because Tsimikas is at fault for the Villa player completely wiping out Matip)

Only foul I saw was by Tsimikas for the opener.

Liverpool have looked very shaky in defence. Alisson is lucky that awful ball out hit Watkins' knee and spun away.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Only foul I saw was by Tsimikas for the opener.

Liverpool have looked very shaky in defence. Alisson is lucky that awful ball out hit Watkins' knee and spun away.

That's why I'm saying a foul was iffy. Doesn't change that Watkins was clearly offsides when the first ball was played, and the linesman should have raised his flag when it happened/after the play ended.

Fabinho has been awful today, but he's still one of the best 6's in the world. Him going off injured is incredibly concerning.

Hopefully Fabinho isn't too badly hurt.

Its been a lot more aggressive a game than i expected

Also John Moss just looks like everyone's Dad out there

Edit: i googled his age and he's 30 years older than Curtis Jones.

Gerrard's a Manc.... Slippy G :shifty:

Edit: Never in doubt.

And here comes the poverty chants...

2 hours ago, Hobo said:

Hopefully Fabinho isn't too badly hurt.

Its been a lot more aggressive a game than i expected

Also John Moss just looks like everyone's Dad out there

Edit: i googled his age and he's 30 years older than Curtis Jones.

One of about half a dozen Premier League refs over the age of 50.

7 minutes ago, MadJack said:

One of about half a dozen Premier League refs over the age of 50.

50 year olds trying to keep up with Top flight elite level football players seems like not the best idea

9 hours ago, Hobo said:

50 year olds trying to keep up with Top flight elite level football players seems like not the best idea

Used to be there was an expectation that they'd retire or be moved down the leagues when they reached the age that referees were removed from UEFA/FIFA's list - 45. But between the professionalisation of referees in the early 2000s and UEFA removing their restriction (I believe FIFA still has it), that's sort of fallen by the wayside - and you get this as a result.

Jon Moss is probably on the fitter side of things for a 51 year old man, but he's probably nowhere near fit enough to continue to cover the ground required to keep up with elite level athletes.

• Like 2

I can't speak for the football league but in terms of the Prem it just feels like it's been the same lot for a long time with little to no new refs involved and if anyone makes a mistake their punishment sometimes is getting demoted to a lower division. 

Bring back Uriah Rennie I say...

I know it's minor I the grand scheme of things, but referee positioning has become a real issue recently. Whether they're trying to get "close to big decisions" or something, they're in the way an awful lot more than they used to, with wingers cutting inside regularly having to dodge a ref blocking a pass or run. At one point against Liverpool last week Bruno had to nutmeg the ref in the penalty area...

I think it has to be a directive from somewhere, hence that rule change that a change of possession after a touch by a ref is a stop in play now, but that only half solves the problem. Stupid refs.

• Like 1