X-BOX Megathread 2021

If I select an event, I'd say my laptop takes about 10 seconds to load it (when it cuts to the screen of the vehicle you're using). Other than that, there's no loading screens at all, aside from the initial start up. So I'd assume the Series S/X are both lightning fast too.

Series S here but I would assume, if anything, X would be a bit quicker since I imagine they have the same SSD but the X maybe has more RAM? Anyway:

First load from dashboard to actual being in control - about 45 seconds
Loading an event - about 10 seconds
Finish an event and back to being in control in freemode - about 5-10 seconds

And, as Baddar suggests, really no loading whatsoever when you're just pissing about in freemode so very quick on the whole.

I didn't realise those might have interesting names until I got the DeLorean last night and saw all the requisite BTTF references. 

Though, the accolades thing is part of something I find kinda intimidating about the game. Maybe it's just me being out of the loop for so many sequels but it feels like you start the game and it throws so much shit at you all at once.

The accolade points are just what you earn after pretty much everything (races, events, barn finds etc.) and they work towards unlocking more events and then entering the Horizon Hall of Fame. It didn't take me long to get all of the Festival sites opened and started.

so Cyberpunk 2077 might be coming to Gamepass Ultimate - via the cloud.

If it’s also downloadable, then yeah I’ll give it another go, but no way am I ruining my internet data cap by streaming fuckin’ Cyberpunk.

On 19/11/2021 at 11:30, FLiam said:

So is there an easy way to transfer all my stuff from Xbox One to Series X? Or would I just need to download stuff again?

I'm not exactly sure how to do it, but when I go to My Games & Apps -> Manage there's a setting called Network Transfer that says it lets you copy games and apps from this console if you're on the same network - so I assume you just hook them both up on the same internet connection and start a transfer like that.

Both consoles have to be marked to allow it but it's probably pretty straightforward.

• Like 1

So I'm tentatively keeping an eye out for a TV/monitor especially since it's Black Friday time, but I'm thinking I should scale back my requirements based on what the Series S can do. I suppose there's an idea on 'future proofing' by getting something 4K in case I got an X, PC or streaming media in 4k but it seems a bit overkill especially if it's going to add a lot to the price.

From my limited understanding, there's a few key things to look out for:

Resolution
Panel type
Refresh rate
HDR as a bonus but probably not likely on cheaper models

And it seems like, at most, Series S stuff will top out at 1440p/120 fps but even that's limited. Like, FH5 would be the big use of it at the moment and that seems to do either 1080p/60 or 1440/30. (I actually tried the quality mode the other day and I'm not normally one to get hung up on FPS but man that was sluggish in comparison)

Any thoughts? I was thinking about £200 budget wise which, looking around, seems to get you one or the other: 1440p/120 or 4k/60 and the 120fps thing seems more a novelty that doesn't seem worth getting hung up on.

Your budget will stretch further if you opt for a monitor, I'd think, in terms of getting better refresh rates and whatnot. You'd just be sacrificing size more than anything, but no real issue if you're playing at a desk.

Also we should party up sometime and do some of the Forza Live stuff.

On 21/11/2021 at 04:25, King Ellis said:

So I'm tentatively keeping an eye out for a TV/monitor especially since it's Black Friday time, but I'm thinking I should scale back my requirements based on what the Series S can do. I suppose there's an idea on 'future proofing' by getting something 4K in case I got an X, PC or streaming media in 4k but it seems a bit overkill especially if it's going to add a lot to the price.

From my limited understanding, there's a few key things to look out for:

Resolution
Panel type
Refresh rate
HDR as a bonus but probably not likely on cheaper models

And it seems like, at most, Series S stuff will top out at 1440p/120 fps but even that's limited. Like, FH5 would be the big use of it at the moment and that seems to do either 1080p/60 or 1440/30. (I actually tried the quality mode the other day and I'm not normally one to get hung up on FPS but man that was sluggish in comparison)

Any thoughts? I was thinking about £200 budget wise which, looking around, seems to get you one or the other: 1440p/120 or 4k/60 and the 120fps thing seems more a novelty that doesn't seem worth getting hung up on.

You'll want to be sure the TV has HDMI 2.1 ports to really take advantage of things.  That's going to limit your options right away. 

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1601535638

• Like 1

Forza 5 in 4K is absolutely stunning. Trying to decide which FPS to stick with. They both look pretty much identical really but you do notice a bit of floral pop-ins when playing at 60fps. 

Got MLB21 downloaded, finally going to give that a proper go this evening.