X-BOX Megathread 2021

4 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Ubisoft got me again! I knew if I waited a few months I could probably get it for $20 but I can't resist a Far Cry game at launch. They are always such stupid fun. Me and my Alligator amigo Guapo are going to take Giancarlo Esposito down! :w00t: 

I finished Metroid Dread and was able to return it for full price due to the gameplay guarantee I have at Gamestop, so I decided to do this as well since I had to return for store credit. I'm enjoying it so far! Pretty much perfect video game fast food. It's so over the top chaotic and I don't know if it's meant to be like that or it's just weird AI - but man, it's tough to be on the road as ANYTHING in this game as everything in or near it is constantly getting hit.

Enemies will also attack aggressive wildlife with whatever weapon they have (they made a big move to categorize enemy types in this one, including making some weapons less effective against certain types) - and it's very evident when a lone coyote shows up in the middle of an enemy base and a dude with a flamethrower or rocket launcher panics, runs two feet and fires at it.

16 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Ubisoft got me again! I knew if I waited a few months I could probably get it for $20 but I can't resist a Far Cry game at launch. They are always such stupid fun. Me and my Alligator amigo Guapo are going to take Giancarlo Esposito down! :w00t: 

I've never got into the Far Cry games. As much as I like Giancarlo Esposito, I'm just not keen to support Ubisoft at this point in time. I think I'd need a while for it to show that it's no longer such a toxic and sexually exploitative company.

The supremo with the backpack rockets? If that isn't charged then I think your best bet is to level up until you can buy an RPG at a weapons dealer and have that as a stand-by. You can shoot them down with regular weapons to but you have to hit certain spots for maximum effect.

Oh! And EMP grenades disable them as well and you get those early with the supremo.

• Thanks 1

I got tired of waiting for the X and the PS5 so I decided to go with the S and Gamepass (plus the Xbox live hack) and I think I might be good with this! It's crazy how many games they have up on here.

I think I might go with Yakuza, B4B and try out Ori first.

Gamepass Ultimate has allowed me to play games that I honestly probably would have never even considered - things like The Artful Escape, Cris Tales, The Ascent, etc. And games I never played when I had a 360/One, like Dead Space or Perfect Dark Zero. It's also saved me some money, since I was literally going to Scarlet Nexus since it was on sale through Sony's digital marketfront, but then Gamepass added it on a random Thursday night. And Day One releases on Gamepass are a godsend, since I was never going to buy Back4Blood, but I wanted to try it, and low and behold, I can.

My only gripes about the Series S are the lack of storage, but I have a 1TB external SSD so I'm good. No way in hell am I buying a storage expansion card for the prices they're charging, that's insanity. I just keep the Series X/S games on storage console, and everything else goes to the external.

The other complaint isn't about the console itself, but more how Microsoft (and Sony!) still want to charge you half price (sometimes a little less) for really old games. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is like $20, and that was on the 360! But that's the pitfalls of locking yourself into a digital console, you're beholden to their prices. Well, moreso Sony, since you can buy game codes from sites like Newegg and whatnot and redeem them on Xbox, but the choices are mostly newer games for that option.

EDIT: Oh, and the huge, big ol' plus - reward points from just doing shit like a quiz on the browser, or playing games, earning achievements, etc. I'm trying to rack up enough to buy a gift card so I can buy some games that I can't get on PS5 (and for free this way, more or less).

Edited by tristy

Moonglow Bay is on Gamepass for PC/console. It's a cute little game... like Stardew Valley for fishing. I enjoyed it, not sure I am going to play it past the 2 hours I've tried. With Stardew, if someone wanted some corn, you went and grew some corn. Now, if someone wants a fish (or a recipe that includes a fish you need), you have to figure out where it lives, what kinda bait/lure it likes, and hope the RNG is kind. 

5 minutes ago, Ruki Returns said:

Now, if someone wants a fish (or a recipe that includes a fish you need), you have to figure out where it lives, what kinda bait/lure it likes, and hope the RNG is kind. 

That's a new twist on the "Give a man a fish..." proverb.

• Haha 1

On 29/10/2021 at 11:55, FLiam said:

Had a Series X in the cart on four different occasions last night on the Microsoft site. Kept getting an out of stock message after finalising the order. :bang:

I can’t even describe how bummed this shit makes me. The fact that the Series X is so damn hard to get has turned me off on this gen. That and the fact that the Series S is everywhere I look now, like they clearly want me locked into a digital only console which isn’t happening.

1 hour ago, IDOL said:

I can’t even describe how bummed this shit makes me. The fact that the Series X is so damn hard to get has turned me off on this gen. That and the fact that the Series S is everywhere I look now, like they clearly want me locked into a digital only console which isn’t happening.

Walmart had restocks earlier but they were mostly gone within minutes and then easily available to purchase from third-party sellers from the bargain price of $929.00. :bang:

Apparently they’re going to have more on Wednesday but I don’t even see the point in getting in on it to be honest.

12 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Walmart had restocks earlier but they were mostly gone within minutes and then easily available to purchase from third-party sellers from the bargain price of $929.00. :bang:

Apparently they’re going to have more on Wednesday but I don’t even see the point in getting in on it to be honest.

Yeah, no one is doing a damn thing about the scalping and reselling for double the amounts and it’s sickening. Every time a restock comes in scalpers buy them up and want a grand.