X-BOX Megathread 2021

22 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Searched it and somebody else posted about him a few hours ago, concerned they're about to be scammed. Be careful.

Yeah, I’m not touching it. Seemed a bit coincidental it followed me as I followed a stock checker account.

I feel like Arnie meeting the dodgy Santa in Jingle all the Way.

2 hours ago, FLiam said:

Yeah, I’m not touching it. Seemed a bit coincidental it followed me as I followed a stock checker account.

I feel like Arnie meeting the dodgy Santa in Jingle all the Way.

Some people have mentioned him saying they received a console after paying him, but they could be in on it too tbh. 

Googling the handle seems to bring up something about that account being used previously for something about 'Binance Rewards' and some stuff about crypto? Seems sus...

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/forza-horizon-5-premium-edition-xbox-one-xbox-series-x-s-pc-ww

I can play this edition on PC right? It says so in the link and description, but then below says Xbox X/S. Even the Steam version says you need an XBL account to play it, so I presume when I redeem my code through Microsoft I'd be able to download it...

59 minutes ago, Baddar said:

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/forza-horizon-5-premium-edition-xbox-one-xbox-series-x-s-pc-ww

I can play this edition on PC right? It says so in the link and description, but then below says Xbox X/S. Even the Steam version says you need an XBL account to play it, so I presume when I redeem my code through Microsoft I'd be able to download it...

It's supposed to be a cross-buy game, so it should give you access to both the PC and Xbox versions. If you're playing it on PC, it will launch through the Xbox app on Windows, even if you've bought in on Steam.

I think you'd be better off getting it through a Game Pass subscription. As with all first-party games, the base game will come with the service on day one, and there's also the option to upgrade to the Premium Edition for something like £35 if you really want it.

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Depends what time but probably

2 hours ago, King Ellis said:

Sounds good to me.

Edit: in reply to Kandy, that is. Bloody Baddar...

When suits?

Probably won't be able to do Sunday for sure, prepping to move.  Thursday or Friday would be after 5:00PM Central time.  Might be able to squeeze something in earlier in the day on Saturday.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I think you'd be better off getting it through a Game Pass subscription. As with all first-party games, the base game will come with the service on day one, and there's also the option to upgrade to the Premium Edition for something like £35 if you really want it.

Thanks. My missus is getting it for me as an early Christmas present, and £65 for an all in one package isn't bad really. I'll only really make use of Forza from Gamepass and that would end up costing me more in the long run.

I don't usually go for the most expensive edition of a game, but at a full £20 cheaper than Microsoft's price, it's good. I think the standard one through Argos is around £60 too.

Can't wait to give it a go on the 5th. Definitely get my monies worth out of the Forza games.