X-BOX Megathread 2021

23 minutes ago, Baddar said:

It was mainly because I'd only just started seeing comparisons of things like roads driven/boards smashed etc., so I knew you'd made a start.

If anyone else has it and I don't have you on XBL, add baddar88 and we can go for a drive sometime.

Does it have a VSS?

• Thanks 1

Obligatory trotting out of my 1 v 100 anecdote:

I made it into the 100 once and made it relatively far. Like top 50 I wanna say? Then there was a question something along the lines of what social media website did Gordon brown do a q&a on this week. Think I put MySpace but the answer was bebo. Won a copy of The Maw and like 80 MS points as a consolation.

The fact that this story references MySpace and bebo is reflective of how old that game is and what a marvel it is that it's still so fondly remembered.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/11/2021 at 09:42, Baddar said:

Forza is my favourite driving game series partly due to how accessible it is. There are difficulty/drive sliders all the way down as far as "just hold the trigger and do nothing else" if you wish.

Shit I might give this a whirl then just for fun. I like stuff like GamePass and PSNow because it gives me an opportunity to play games I may never otherwise try. 

Or different genres rather. I pretty much only buy stuff like Fallout, Elder Scrolls, GTA, and RDR so it's cool having a streaming service so to speak for video games. Like, I've been playing NBA Live 19 lately, and its really flawed but it's also fun. Nice to just have a dumb basketball game to dick around with at my whim ya know?

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Wow literally the launch of your comedy career and you've forgotten all about it.  Success has changed you.

Please give me more information! I want to be humbled!

I believe it was called Comedy Night.  Your avatar would get up on stage and you would be able to do a stand up set for a crowd of other people’s avatars.  

32 minutes ago, LL! said:

Please give me more information! I want to be humbled!

10 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I believe it was called Comedy Night.  Your avatar would get up on stage and you would be able to do a stand up set for a crowd of other people’s avatars.  

Oh god. This is bringing back memories now. I can't imagine the absurdly terrible things I said. 

9 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

Shit I might give this a whirl then just for fun. I like stuff like GamePass and PSNow because it gives me an opportunity to play games I may never otherwise try. 

Do it! There's so much to do, an almost overwhelming amount in fact. None of it really matters though in terms of which order you do them in. 

If you want to just mess around seeing how far you can jump through one of the danger sign ramps, or speed through one of the speed trap cameras to set a better distance/speed, you can. The racing isn't really forced upon you.

Everything you do will earn you mastery points and XP. And what I like, and I think Srar will like in particular, is that you're never forced to win a race to progress. In fact, the XP you get from winning a race or coming in 8th place isn't really that different.

I very rarely hammer down on a new game much in the first week, but I've managed to reach the Hall of Fame status (basically by playing enough events to earn the accolade points needed), and finished all the showcases and finale races of each type of event. 

In the last day or so I've put a bit of time into some of the seasonal challenges. Those kind of push online play onto you, but the modes are fun and winning or losing isn't really an issue in this game.

• Like 1