X-BOX Megathread 2021

16 minutes ago, IDOL said:

Yeah, no one is doing a damn thing about the scalping and reselling for double the amounts and it’s sickening. Every time a restock comes in scalpers buy them up and want a grand. 

A journalist from Reuters got in contact with me on Twitter about my experience. Seems to be quite a few articles out there about the increase in scalpers at the moment. It’s insane really. 

I’m certainly not going to a Gamestop midnight release or some bullshit. Hopefully come next year, things will be easier to get hold of.

Lucky sod!

Personally still looking at getting FH5 in some form or fashion at some point. Really loved 2 through 4, although 4 never really caught my imagination as the others, driving around Britain isn't that inspirational to me, so Mexico is a nice change of pace again towards the exotic.

Not sure if I'll re-up my lapsed Game Pass or buy it outright, though. I'm also still working through Kingmaker and Guardians, so it's not like i'm hard up on games to play.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FLiam said:

Where and how?! 

I see Walmart has another drop at 4pm but not sure I can be fucked with it.

I'm on Stock Informer's Discord and just reacted quickly whne Currys got some in. 

I bought a Series S last week and splashed out on the £85 version of Forza Horizon 5. FH4 is probably my favourite racing game of all time and I'm certain I'll get my money's worth out of FH5 for that price, even if FH4 being based in the UK was a big factor in my enjoyment.

Maybe it won't cover the cost of the Series S as well, but there's always the future Forza games to consider too.

• Like 2

For some reason my Xbox consoles seem to download things way faster than any other internet-connected thing, so I was able to get it done in about 14-15 hours last week (compared to the 105 hours it took to download NBA2K22 on my PS5). 

Still 8-10 MB/s in 2021 is nothing to shout about.

20 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

For some reason my Xbox consoles seem to download things way faster than any other internet-connected thing, so I was able to get it done in about 14-15 hours last week (compared to the 105 hours it took to download NBA2K22 on my PS5). 

Still 8-10 MB/s in 2021 is nothing to shout about.

Weird, min is the same. Xbox will download games at like 30mb/s whereas my PS4 seems to cap at about 5 or 6. 

Tried all sorts of different connection things for the PS4 too. I guess the wireless thing in the Xbox is just much better.

Currently at 54%. Gonna pause it shortly because the Rust update is about to drop. Should still get to play tomorrow night though, especially if I resume it for a while later.

There's so much in the Premium edition. Really looking forward to putting Spotify on in the background and putting a good amount of hours in this weekend.

I'm on what I think is the last mission of Far Cry 6 and unless I'm wrong it's

Spoiler

A MOTHER FUCKING STEALTH MISSION!! :angry: I have been playing this game blasting every fucker I see, basically daring them to pull alarms to call more troops for me to kill and now I have to fucking HIDE and fucking SNEAK????

The Forgotten CIty is a cool little game (made by four people!). The conversation part with NPCs reminds me a lot of Fallout. Oh, and there's no combat. It's just talking to people and bunch of exploration. It's basically a mystery game where you're trying to find who is the "sinner" in this small little underground Roman town. But you play as a modern day, 2020/2021 human, flung back into the past. If you do anything like kill, steal, etc. the "Gods" become angry and start killing everyone, and you have to go back through a portal and reset the game - but you retain all knowledge and items you've picked up before the rest. It's a pretty cool idea, it's basically a rogue-like mystery game with branching dialogue trees and shit.

Right before I quit, one of the dialogue options was telling a priestess about memes. And I told a Roman soldier that I come from a time where I survived a pandemic.

FH5 is as great as expected, a little overwhelming compared to FH4 though as everything gets thrown at you right away.

I took @Baddar's advice about playing Spotify in the background, but I chose my work playlist (easy-listening/pop to avoid anything that could be deemed offensive) so I ended up driving a Lambo at 230mph whilst listening to World Of Our Own by Westlife.

• Like 2