NFL 2021

Lineker

Fuck you, Aaron Rodgers. I hope the Packers re-think things and dump your bitch ass. Or even worse, sign AB so they have TWO world class shitheads on the same team....until AB throws another fit 4 weeks into the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GhostMachine said:

Fuck you, Aaron Rodgers. I hope the Packers re-think things and dump your bitch ass. Or even worse, sign AB so they have TWO world class shitheads on the same team....until AB throws another fit 4 weeks into the season.

I'm starting to think that you don't like Aaron Rodgers.

• Haha 1

• Admin

San Francisco's constant ability to pull things off despite Jimmy G is impressive.

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- There's one thing that will make Aaron Rodgers' decision about whether to return to the Green Bay Packers next season much easier.

"I don't want to be part of a rebuild if I'm going to keep playing," Rodgers said.

Absent that, the 38-year-old year believes he has a difficult decision to make about his football future.

He just didn't think he would have to start contemplating it so soon. But when the San Francisco 49ers upset the top-seeded Packers in Saturday's NFC divisional playoff round, it meant the hourglass flipped for Rodgers, who took his share of the blame for the offensive ineptitude in the 13-10 loss at Lambeau Field.

"I'm still super competitive, still know I can play at a high level, so it's going to be a tough decision," Rodgers said during a 17-minute session with reporters after the game. "I have a lot of things to weigh in the coming weeks. But man, just so much gratitude for this city and this organization and such a long, long career here that I'm proud of and really thankful for all the men and women that work here, the men I've gotten to cross paths with, coaches and players over the years."

The Packers made one thing clear: They're not ready to move on from Rodgers, who is the favorite to win his fourth NFL MVP and his second in a row.

"Certainly we want him back here," said Packers coach Matt LaFleur after he failed to reach the Super Bowl with the No. 1 seeded team for the second straight year. "I think we'd be crazy not to want him back here. He's going to be the two-time MVP. This guy does so much for our football team, not only what you guys see on Sunday's or every game day, but what he does in that locker room, how he leads. I know what he puts into this thing, and certainly I'm extremely disappointed in that we couldn't get over the hump for not only him, but for everybody in that locker room."

Rodgers failed to throw a touchdown pass in a playoff game for the first time since the 2010 NFC Championship Game and lost to the 49ers for the fourth time in the postseason. His Total QBR of 19.3 was the worst of his playoff career.

After an opening-drive touchdown, the Packers managed just three points on their final nine drives. It was the first time they went that many possessions without a touchdown since their season-opening 38-3 loss to the Saints.

"I didn't have a great night tonight," said Rodgers, who was 20-of-29 for 286 yards and was sacked a season-high five times. "They did a good job of kind of getting me off the spot, and a better job of taking away some of the quick game we got going last time we played them. I missed a couple reads. I probably should have taken a couple hole-shot chances a couple times. Obviously, if I hit Allen [Lazard] on that deep in on the last drive, that probably gets us out to about midfield and then we're a couple first downs away from being in field-goal range.

"So definitely disappointed by some of the decisions I had tonight. I definitely take my fair share of blame tonight."

He admitted that the way this season ended could factor into his decision. So will the plan that general manager Brian Gutekunst has for this team moving forward. He said his relationship with Gutekunst has improved significantly since they met last offseason to discuss the issues that nearly prevented Rodgers from returning for the 2021 season.

"There's a lot of players whose futures are up in the air, so definitely will be interesting to see which way some of those decisions will go," Rodgers said. "But I'll have the conversations with Brian in the next week or so and get a little bit more clarity and think about my own future and how much longer I want to keep doing this."

After saying last month that he did not plan to drag out his decision, he offered a more specific timeline on Saturday: No later than the start of free agency on March 16.

Rodgers didn't decide to return to the Packers this season until right before training camp opened in July. Rodgers' three options are to return to the Packers, ask for a trade or retire. A return would almost certainly require a contract extension because the team would need to reduce his $46.1 million salary-cap charge for 2022.

Even that wouldn't guarantee that the Packers could re-sign receiver Davante Adams, who is a free agent. The Packers are currently $44.8 million over their projected salary cap for the 2022 season, which brings into question whether they will even be able to field as strong of a Super Bowl contender as they've had in LaFleur's first three seasons.

"That's a fair question -- definitely one I've thought about," Rodgers said. "But there are a lot of decisions to be made and key players ... So many guys' contracts are up or on the brink or salary cap stuff, so lot of decisions to be made. I don't want to be part of a rebuild if I'm going to keep playing, so a lot of decisions in the next couple months."

As the Tampa Bay Buccaneers enter the reality that their season is at most three weeks from its conclusion, there is another reality lingering over the organization: the possibility of Tom Brady's retirement.

Sources both with the Bucs and close to Brady all recognize the star quarterback remains non-committal to playing beyond this season. Although Brady could decide to play again -- he has talked about playing until he was 45, and even beyond -- it is currently far from a given, sources tell ESPN.

Brady's departure is a topic that quietly has come up within the Bucs organization for weeks now, and there has been internal wonder about what the future holds for the seven-time Super Bowl champion and all-time NFL passing leader.

Brady, 44, plans to take time after the season ends -- a month or longer -- to assess how he feels physically and mentally while also gauging his family's desires, sources tell ESPN.

To a degree, this is nothing different than any aging veteran after any season. But with Brady, who has one year remaining on his current contract, the thoughts of retirement have become more of a reality than ever before.

Part of Brady's decision is likely to be situational; how Tampa Bay finishes this season, and how the three-time league MVP feels whenever the season concludes. Some sources believe that if Tampa Bay repeats as Super Bowl champions, it would increase the likelihood that Brady could walk away from the game.

Nothing about the decision has been predetermined, however, and Brady isn't naive to the questions he'll soon face, but he also wants nothing to distract him from his day-to-day pursuit of another Super Bowl title.

Sources tell ESPN that Brady is happy in Tampa, while team sources added the marriage couldn't be going any better from the Bucs' perspective. Tampa Bay's coaches and executives are unanimous in their desire to keep moving forward with Brady beyond this season, something they plan to convey to him in emphatic fashion when the season is over.

The Bucs organization would be willing to bend over backward to entice Brady to continue playing, if that's what he ultimately decides to do.

At times throughout this season, Brady has felt committed to returning in 2022 regardless of the outcome, simply because he feels like he owes it to an organization that doesn't have a clear quarterback succession plan, sources said. But with a long 2021-22 season nearing its conclusion, Brady now plans to enter the offseason wide open about his future.

Tampa Bay's current backup quarterbacks are NFL journeyman Blaine Gabbert and 2021 second-round draft pick Kyle Trask.

The length of Brady's career couldn't be any more evident than this weekend; he is older than the head coaches of the other three teams that entered the NFC divisional playoff round (Green Bay's Matt LaFleur is 42, San Francisco's Kyle Shanahan is 42 and the Los Angeles Rams' Sean McVay is 35).

Those close to Brady -- and those with the team -- are making a clear effort to enjoy and appreciate each game he plays as they recognize that any one of these games ultimately could be his last.

Despite injuries and suspensions to several of the Bucs' key offensive players this season, Brady appeared in all 17 games this season and led the league with 5,316 passing yards -- a career-high -- and 43 touchdown passes.

The total rebuild looks even more on in Pittsburgh - Keith Butler retiring after seven seasons as Steelers' defensive coordinator

• Like 1

Dolphins defender says playing with Tua Tagovailoa is ‘wasting my career’

https://sports.yahoo.com/dolphins-defender-says-playing-tua-195404881.html

Easy there ace, he's barely gotten a chance in 2 season without someone already gunning for his job

On 22/01/2022 at 02:08, GhostMachine said:

Rodgers has always been the one I want gone. Brady is cocky, but can back it up. Rodgers is just a rude, arrogant jackass. 

And of the teams left in the playoffs, I won't be watching if we end up with a Chiefs-Packers Super Bowl. Because I don't want that bastard getting another ring, and I don't see the Chiefs beating the Fudgepackers. (Which is what I'm calling GB until Rodgers is gone.)

I dont know who Rodgers is, is he gay?

Brady had said for ages he’ll only retire if he sucks and doesn’t feel like he has another title run in him.  Nothing he’s shown this year would suggest he’s even close to being done.

So if he does retire, I can’t really imagine it being for anything other than family reasons.  Gisele’s not exactly been subtle over the last few years that she wants him to call it a day and his former teammates have long said family will probably convince him to retire a lot sooner than Father Time does.

• Like 1

Tom can't possibly stick it out in TB for much longer. They (smartly) have opted for salary cap hell in the near future to try and win with Brady for 2 or maybe 3 seasons.

I wouldn't be shocked if this is his final season. Tbh it's why I've made an effort to watch as many Bucs games as possible, easier to just appreciate the greatest ever for what he is when he's not in your conference lol.

Joke will be on me when he plays another 5 seasons on 2 more teams and I'm just stuck telling myself "this might be the end, you have to watch Brady".

Ever year I forget that on Sunday in the divisional round they change the normal start times of the games to ones they don’t use at any other point ever, for seemingly no reason.  And every year I get annoyed!

• Like 1