NFL 2021

Lineker

Reporters during Joe Schoen's press conference yesterday asked John Mara if the Giants would entertain trading for Watson and Mara unequivocally ruled it out.   Citing the team could not afford it either cap-wise or pick-wise, and more importantly, they would not want to acquire somebody who has sexual assault allegations and pending legal charges against him.

I've read that Flores' temperament in a locker room is so reminiscent to Joe Judge, which alarms me.  But at least I won't have to worry about Watson.

1 minute ago, CM Busch said:

Reporters during Joe Schoen's press conference yesterday asked John Mara if the Giants would entertain trading for Watson and Mara said, unequivocally, ruled it out.   Citing the team could not afford it either cap-wise or pick-wise, and more importantly, they would not want to acquire somebody who has enormous unresolved allegations against him.

So if the Giants do get Flores, we at least don't have to worry about Watson.....but I've read that Flores' temperament in a locker room is so reminiscent to Joe Judge, the idea of getting stuck with him scares the hell out of me.

After what he pulled with Tua and the Dolphins you'd think you'd be grateful. Typical Giants fan! 😡

12 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

Reporters during Joe Schoen's press conference yesterday asked John Mara if the Giants would entertain trading for Watson and Mara unequivocally ruled it out.   Citing the team could not afford it either cap-wise or pick-wise, and more importantly, they would not want to acquire somebody who has sexual assault allegations and pending legal charges against him.

I've read that Flores' temperament in a locker room is so reminiscent to Joe Judge, which alarms me.  But at least I won't have to worry about Watson.

They both learned from the same guy so that's not a surprise 

Looks like Leftwich might not be #AllElite after all.  Saints have requested an interview with him.  It would be a very Jaguars thing to lose their top candidate out of loyalty to an awful GM with zero redeeming qualities, and no success anywhere.

40 minutes ago, livid said:

Based on how Rapaport and Schefter have both tweeted about this request, it sure sounds like McDaniels is going to be the next Raiders coach.

I've heard this story before.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, CM Busch said:

Jim Caldwell apparently raved about Fields in his interview and laid out a dynamic offensive plan built around him.

But the Bears have basically never had a dynamic offense in their history, so Eberflus it is.

What about the T-Formation....that they ran 90 years ago :shifty: . 

Reportedly Flores said "all the right things" in his Giants interview yesterday to assuage concerns from Giants brass as to why his relationship with the Dolphins front office and coaching staff fell apart.  He may well be a very good bullshit artist, but I do think some of the stuff coming out of Dolphins camp might be a partial hit job too since they've seemed to be a bit dysfunctional for a while.  The fact that he wanted to trade for Watson at all still strikes me as an enormous red flag but I also can't blame him for continuing to be mad at the front office for forcing Tua on him when he wanted Herbert, or for forcing him to bench Fitzpatrick for Tua when he was playing well.

I also think too much is being made of the Dolphins' "climbing back into the race" this year when the list of QBs they had to beat along the way includes Mike Glennon, Ian Book, PJ Walker, Joe Flacco, etc.

The situation is murky enough where I feel like I can't completely hate the Flores hire, but Daboll is still my preference pretty comfortably.  The general reporting is that Schoen slightly prefers Daboll and Mara slightly prefers Flores...so if Flores is the hire, it's gonna come across as Mara undercutting his brand new GM.  I'm bracing myself for it now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

Reportedly Flores said "all the right things" in his Giants interview yesterday to assuage concerns from Giants brass as to why his relationship with the Dolphins front office and coaching staff fell apart.  He may well be a very good bullshit artist, but I do think some of the stuff coming out of Dolphins camp might be a partial hit job too since they've seemed to be a bit dysfunctional for a while.  The fact that he wanted to trade for Watson at all still strikes me as an enormous red flag but I also can't blame him for continuing to be mad at the front office for forcing Tua on him when he wanted Herbert, or for forcing him to bench Fitzpatrick for Tua when he was playing well.

I also think too much is being made of the Dolphins' "climbing back into the race" this year when the list of QBs they had to beat along the way includes Mike Glennon, Ian Book, PJ Walker, Joe Flacco, etc.

The situation is murky enough where I feel like I can't completely hate the Flores hire, but Daboll is still my preference pretty comfortably.  The general reporting is that Schoen slightly prefers Daboll and Mara slightly prefers Flores...so if Flores is the hire, it's gonna come across as Mara undercutting his brand new GM.  I'm bracing myself for it now.

Giants fans will be pissed either way honestly. 

I prefer Daboll mainly because I don't want a defensive coach and how slim pickings OCs are. That's not the best reason but Flores has shown he can't keep a steady offense coaching staff and I'd rather not dig up the likes of Chan Gailey again. 

Keep the GM and HC on the same page and see what we can do after we get an o-line together.