NFL 2021

Lineker

Good for Wink. Intrigued which assistants he'll take along. Macdonald was basically stashed at Michigan for a year since the Ravens were so high on him, and I know there are a couple more from the recent staff they really liked.

Wink's super popular so wouldn't shock me to see him have his pick of the litter with taking guys up to NY with him.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CM Busch said:

Love it.

Every single damn time I see his name, I flinch for a second and wonder why an elderly former game show host and DJ is coaching in the NFL....and then I remember he took that nickname because they share the same last name.

The Giants will definitely have a better D, so good hire.

Gronk apparently isn't quite a lock to retire yet, and floated out there that if he keeps playing he'd be interested in going to Cincy to catch passes from Burrow.

It's worth noting Gronk is only 32, turns 33 this summer.  Obviously he's had a lot of injuries in his time but tight end is a position where it's not all that unusual for guys to continue into their late 30s.

Cincy would be in a good position to sign him as they'll still have cap space (they always do because Brown is a cheap owner) and rarely retain pending FAs. 

Baltimore could really use a 2nd pass catching TE and could theoretically have the cap space if Lamar signs his extension soon but I doubt that's happening.

Whether Gronk goes there or not, I suspect he won't be the only offensive playmaker interested in going there.  Really any place with a young, star QB is gonna be an attractive landing spot.

If he does end up retiring, the potential 2027 HOF class would stacked with Gronk alongside Brady, Ben, and, unless someone inexplicably signs him again, Adrian Peterson.