General Television Thread 2022

The Buscher

finally finished Castle. Really gonna miss it. it's been a companion for a couple months now. always had an episode going while playing video games or eating breakfast while my wife was at work and stuff.

Absolute dogshit final few minutes, but props to them for trying to hack together a finish after finding out they were cancelled. I read a little about what season 9 was supposed to be like and i think this was for the best. 

I really wish they'd gotten the guy that wrote all the IRL Nikki Heat books to do a novel with what happened in between the penultimate scene and the closing image, but still.

My wife and I watched the first episode of The Rookie. She wasn't sold, but I'd like to see more, so that might end up being my next binge.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, K said:

finally finished Castle. Really gonna miss it. it's been a companion for a couple months now. always had an episode going while playing video games or eating breakfast while my wife was at work and stuff.

Absolute dogshit final few minutes, but props to them for trying to hack together a finish after finding out they were cancelled. I read a little about what season 9 was supposed to be like and i think this was for the best. 

I really wish they'd gotten the guy that wrote all the IRL Nikki Heat books to do a novel with what happened in between the penultimate scene and the closing image, but still.

My wife and I watched the first episode of The Rookie. She wasn't sold, but I'd like to see more, so that might end up being my next binge.

The first few episodes of The Rookie are so-so. It doesn't really get going until about halfway through the season, but its now one of my favorite shows. 

By the way, the real author of the Nikki Heat books was eventually revealed. It was 

Spoiler

Tom Straw

Regarding Futurama, I agree that bringing it back is not a good idea. But recasting Bender? Meh! Futurama is a show where if you have to recast any of the leads, then don't do the show. 

Hope they have an in-story explanation for the voice change, like MTS3K did for the Bots. (Or, at least they did for Tom Servo.)

Watched the first two episodes of Reacher on Amazon Prime. 

I'm just glad Alan Ritchson is getting a chance to show his range.  On Blue Mountain State, he was hilarious as Thad Castle.

On Titans, he was showed more of his dramatic but also actiony side.

Reacher seems to combine them all together

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Hope they have an in-story explanation for the voice change, like MTS3K did for the Bots. (Or, at least they did for Tom Servo.)

The in-world explaination is to repeat to yourself: it's just a show, I should really just relax.

• Like 2

On 25/01/2022 at 09:02, RPS said:

I'll be watching the new Australian Survivor season. We can jump start the old Survivor thread if you want million.

Well that was quick. Paramount Plus has pulled all the international seasons of Survivor. 

People have been getting different explanations as to why. Either it is a glitch or the licensing deal fell through, which doesn't make sense since Viacom owns 10play.

I think one of the main reasons is people were really enjoying them, and with the new US season about to start, that it was getting over shadowed by the international versions 

‘Futurama’ Voice Actor John DiMaggio Wants Entire Cast to Be Paid More for Revival: ‘It’s About Self-Respect’

“I’ve been thinking about everything that’s been going on these past months and just to be clear, I don’t think that only I deserve to be paid more. I think the entire cast does,” DiMaggio wrote in a statement. “Negotiations are a natural part of working in show business. Everyone has a different strategy and different boundaries… Some accept offers, some hold their ground.”

• Like 2

On 14/02/2022 at 05:10, Lint said:

Watched the first two episodes of Reacher on Amazon Prime. 

I'm just glad Alan Ritchson is getting a chance to show his range.  On Blue Mountain State, he was hilarious as Thad Castle.

On Titans, he was showed more of his dramatic but also actiony side.

Reacher seems to combine them all together

Just binged Reacher in one day. It was that. damn. good.

Oh my god that opening scene of the new Righteous Gemstones episode is so fantastically dumb and 1000% Danny McBride, isn't it?

3 hours ago, Octavius Shitwagon said:

Oh my god that opening scene of the new Righteous Gemstones episode is so fantastically dumb and 1000% Danny McBride, isn't it?

Was it the puking?  (I don't think thats a spoiler...)

If so, that entire episode was great

While I've really enjoyed the series so far, there was 1 episode that almost made me stop watching.  S2E4 "As To How They Might Destroy Him" spoilers

Spoiler

Judy went from "comically insecure middle child" to "outright hateful".  Just everything she does to try and turn BJ against his family I really hated.  I really hope they dial her back a bit next season.  She was one of my favorite characters in S1, but S2 just turned me against her