Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

39 minutes ago, Colly said:

Question entirely for my draft team but is Konate likely to play over Matip, and does Gomez go straight in when fit?

Konate will be starter alongside Van Dijk. That's our best centre back partnership. 

• Thanks 2

When I think of absurdly one-footed players, my mind always goes to Nemanja Matic making extravagant spins to use his left foot rather than dare attempt a simple short pass with his right.

2 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Bobby Firmino is leaving at the end of the season 💔:(

I'm kinda surprised but at the same time, I guess it makes sense. I wonder if he'll stay in Europe or wind up going to go back to play in Brazil for the rest of his career.

8 minutes ago, Hobo said:

I'm kinda surprised but at the same time, I guess it makes sense. I wonder if he'll stay in Europe or wind up going to go back to play in Brazil for the rest of his career.

I remember seeing they were looking at a short term renewal maybe an extra season or two and he was linked to a few moves out to the middle east or Italy. 

He's had a good season, I would love for him to stay as a squad option but don't blame him for wanting more first team opportunities especially as we have Jota/Gakpo/Nunez who can be used in that central role.

The way we are using Gakpo, I imagine they see him as the one who can play the way Bobby does. 

• Like 2

Been lots of grumbling about our takeover recently with suggestions that (shock horror) the Saudi public investment fund is tied to the Saudi government after all. Genuinely hope it works and we go crackers again.

Anyway, as a slight aside I watched TOTP tonight and it's reminded me of a time I could get wholesome pride out of this team. When Kevin Nolan, a man barely older than me, insisted that in 2010 our squad had to listen to Dignity by Deacon Blue before every game, a song released in 1987. Won the Championship at a canter, can't argue with it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Colly said:

Been lots of grumbling about our takeover recently with suggestions that (shock horror) the Saudi public investment fund is tied to the Saudi government after all. Genuinely hope it works and we go crackers again.

Anyway, as a slight aside I watched TOTP tonight and it's reminded me of a time I could get wholesome pride out of this team. When Kevin Nolan, a man barely older than me, insisted that in 2010 our squad had to listen to Dignity by Deacon Blue before every game, a song released in 1987. Won the Championship at a canter, can't argue with it.

Unofficial scouse anthem for every event held in a function room whether it be a birthday/christening etc. If Dignity isn't played at some point can you even call it a party. 

• Haha 1

It's concerning how slow we were to get into the game, and the poor static defending for the opener is frustrating, so we absolutely can't complain about making things difficult for ourselves but fucking hell. What was that, 5 penalty shouts waved off in one game? It's mental Arsenal have only had 2 penalties given all season, and then you see that happen all in one game. And you see people saying we're lucky!

Hopefully after this game and especially Villa, teams will learn to stop wasting time against us.

24 minutes ago, Kaney said:

It's concerning how slow we were to get into the game, and the poor static defending for the opener is frustrating, so we absolutely can't complain about making things difficult for ourselves but fucking hell. What was that, 5 penalty shouts waved off in one game? It's mental Arsenal have only had 2 penalties given all season, and then you see that happen all in one game. And you see people saying we're lucky!

Hopefully after this game and especially Villa, teams will learn to stop wasting time against us.

Look at you with your two pens this season. Showing off!

We haven't had a single one...

16 hours ago, Kaney said:

Were the other 2 of them better than the 3 that they showed on MOTD, because none of those were pens. I always find "penalties given/not given" such a daft stat (I know that's my gimmick) as there's no consideration for how good a shout it is. Takes me all the way back to that Chelsea v Barca Champions League game where there were what, 4 shouts? Only one was even vaguely a pen for me and that was the Eto'o handball near the end.

Edit: On a quick rewatch mebbe Pique's too, I always thoughy was a bit ball to hand but his arms in a weird place, not quite as bad as that Sissoko pointing one a few years back. Strangely Eto'o's probably isn't now as it hits above the shirtline...

Also, that was 14 years ago. Fucking hell.

Edited by Colly

18 hours ago, Kaney said:

Nice to see the time added in tbh, time-wasting is easily my least favourite part of football at the moment, it's pathetically refereed. Newcastle are by far the worst I've seen it for this year, which I still don't have a specific problem with, because ref's allow them to get away with it. All while pundits still praise it as managing the game. Would love to see the Prem adopt World Cup added on time and just be done with it.