Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

Draw was a fair result really as up until the back end of the second half it was just crosses straight to Martinez and over hit passes. 

Can't complain about Mings not getting sent off considering Jota didn't but think a consistent approach is needed. 

Time wasting was a piss take but again, it's valid (Albeit highly frustrating when you're the other team)

If we get 5th it's somewhat positive given how bad/ or inconsistent we have been majority of the season. 

Just need to invest in the squad badly especially centre mid. Hopefully a wake up call for FSG given the lack of midfield investment this season has cost us 

Just now, damhausen said:

Guess we'll clinch Champions League football in front of the supporters on Monday.

I mean. If you fancy letting Leicester win then just get your point in the final game that'll be nice 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, damhausen said:

Guess we'll clinch Champions League football in front of the supporters on Monday.

When we got promoted in 92/93 we were presented the trophy just before the final game against Leicester then smashed them 7-1. I'd take that.

• Like 2

Very pleased for Forest. They were the punchline of so many jokes for signing so many players - and while it was a bit excessive, coming into the season with the squad size they had, it was pretty necessary. Be interesting to see if it has laid a foundation they can build upon.

I'm happy for Forest. They went with a wildly different approach than most clubs who get promoted, stuck by their manager when it looked like it wasn't working out, and have been rewarded. The Forest of the last month or two looks like a much more formidable club than the listless one most of the season and, hey, I think they could challenge for the top half next season. Squad is all coming together.

Part of me thinks that the Premier League should introduce some kind of playoff system for the league title just to stop Man City winning the league because it's boring and nobody really cares that much

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Part of me thinks that the Premier League should introduce some kind of playoff system for the league title just to stop Man City winning the league because it's boring and nobody really cares that much

The only thing I'll say is this won't last forever. A couple dominoes still to fall with sovereign-wealth backed club owners.

But City's dominance has long worn out its welcome. Fergie's United always looked like you could challenge them (and Arsenal did, then Chelsea joined the fray). Nobody is in the same class as City in England, and maybe only 2-3 clubs in all the world are.

8 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Why introduce more suffering for the same end result?

Yeah, I think the state ownership certainly has helped Man City and it gives them a big unfair advantage. But clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool haven’t exactly been shy with the cash either. Main difference is that Man City have mostly spent their money well and the others haven’t. Maybe that won’t last forever.

• Like 3

Every advantage in the world can be pissed away by mismanagement. Of course, what makes Manchester City so intimidating is that every year they don't fuck it up, the gap to catch up to them widens further.

Obviously it will end some day. I'm just not sure what combination of circumstances are necessary to bring it about.

45 minutes ago, damhausen said:

I'm happy for Forest. They went with a wildly different approach than most clubs who get promoted, stuck by their manager when it looked like it wasn't working out, and have been rewarded. The Forest of the last month or two looks like a much more formidable club than the listless one most of the season and, hey, I think they could challenge for the top half next season. Squad is all coming together.

They've been a decent team with all the top players fit. Yates and Awoniyi turned out to be missed greatly for a big chunk of the season, and it's no coincidence that their returns have yielded good results.

For next season, they'll probably need to bring in a defender or two, along with a decent striker to provide extra depth. Bringing in a permanent goalkeeper will also be a priority. They probably won't be able to afford to pay Navas' full wages, and Henderson is injury prone, so it will be interesting to see what happens there. Other than that, I think they shouldn't need to go mad in the transfer market this time round. Letting Lingard's contract expire should free up some space in the wage budget too.

24 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Every advantage in the world can be pissed away by mismanagement. Of course, what makes Manchester City so intimidating is that every year they don't fuck it up, the gap to catch up to them widens further.

Obviously it will end some day. I'm just not sure what combination of circumstances are necessary to bring it about.

Hopefully they finally get done for the financial doping they've been doing

18 hours ago, Kyle said:

I am really gonna need Leicester and Leeds to shit the bed, that point has done nothing to reassure me that we'll be in this league next season.

That shitting the bed you ordered, sir.