Premier League 2022/23

Lineker

I'm quite curious as to whether there's a protocol, have they switched it on now? Surely it wouldn't have been called off due to VAR problems?

Good first half for us, just missing a bit of cutting edge that ASM or Isak might have offered. Joelinton really should have scored.

Bah, another frustrating half where we've looked on par with Arsenal but it's undone towards the end with Rodrigo playing a completely unnecessary crossfield ball that allows Saka in to score. Tidy finish though to be fair.

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

I don't mind the waiting for the flagging, but that should be when the lino isn't 100% sure and it's very tight like some VAR calls are. 

Yeah it's only when it's tight that liners aren't flagging, obvious ones should (and are) still be flagged and that one was beyond obvious.

I think we've been a bit fortunate last ten mins, the foul on Sancho was about as much of a pen as Wilson's shout first half, Ronaldo's probably moreso. I do think Casemiro has been a bit fortunate with that foul though, if for nothing else that he should have been booked for his own shit penalty appeal.

Knife-edge.

Feels a bit harsh on Gabriel if that stands given that Bamford knocks him over the in the first place.

EDIT: Reversing the penalty is probably the right decision unless you're making an argument that Bamford couldn't help but run into him since Gabriel just stopped. Reversing the red card though? Surely the fact he was fouled first doesn't then allow to do whatever he wants immediately after that and, whilst there's negligible contact, it's presumably down to intent. 

Not that it really matters much because I doubt the red card would change much given how late it was in the game. Very disappointing not to come away with anything from that game given how many chances we had, especially in the second half. Felt like we had at least 3 goal yard scrambles throughout the game and obviously the penalty miss. Also feels like Bamford is never going to get that century, he's looking a bit lacking in confidence and sharpness in his apperances recently so maybe it'll be on of those cases where when he breaks the duck he'll have a rich vein of form.

6 games now without a win is a worry, Leicester game on Thursday is massive given that they'll be a point behind us if they win.

35 minutes ago, Baddar said:

The sooner Sky finally retire off Martin Tyler, the better.

I fully expect them to have the technology of futurama and have his head in a jar so he can still be a miserable fuck on commentary

Very happy with that half given the context of the season. Held our own and had chances and its been an even game. Anthony Taylor has let the game go but I don't get how he didn't give a foul by Rodri before 

It's interesting to watch Man City playing with Haaland. It seem so mean they basically play with 10 men most of the time.