2022–23 NBA season

michgcs

6 years, $78.5 million. I didn't realize until now that it's the biggest coaching contract in league history. Could reach up to $100 with incentives and has a team option for years 7 and 8. For a coach that has never won a championship, that is just insane numbers.

Sounds like the NBA has a big suspension planned for Ja Morant, as Adam Silver said today that their investigation uncover a lot of unknown things, but he doesn't want to announce something that would distract from the Finals.

• Like 1

They really do just be letting Jokic do whatever.  Literally just held the ball above his head and ran to the basket from the free throw line.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Maxx said:

They really do just be letting Jokic do whatever.  Literally just held the ball above his head and ran to the basket from the free throw line.

Jokic is automatic. He makes the game look so easy. He's going to get his no matter what anyone does. My take is that if the Heat can clamp down on everyone that isn't Jokic they have a good chance. 

2 hours ago, Chris2K said:

If the Heat can win like that in Denver I think they've got the series locked down.

🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1

Heat gave them a run for their money tonight, but the Nuggets got it done to win their first ring.

The finish was the strangest to a close Finals ending game that I can remember.  10 seconds left, 5 point game and the Heat don’t even bother fouling.  Yes the Nuggets would’ve gone to the line with a chance to make it a 3-possession game and ice it for good, but how do you not even try?

• Like 1

Heat were done halfway at halftime, they just managed to keep it close. Jimmy Butler clearly folded under the pressure. Makes no sense to at least try Tyler Herro. Coach Spo knew the game was over, hence the no fouling.

Mad respect to Jokic, so humble. Game ends, immediately goes over to shake the hands of the Heat players. And, like @damhausensaid, the job is done, it's good, I can go home now. I'll never be happy that Denver won a title, but happy for their players and staff, top notch all around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pooker said:

Heat were done halfway at halftime, they just managed to keep it close. Jimmy Butler clearly folded under the pressure. Makes no sense to at least try Tyler Herro. Coach Spo knew the game was over, hence the no fouling.

Coach Spo is one of the smartest coaches to do the thing. He didn't play Tyler cause he's packaging him up in a trade so why risk it. 

I'm sad, but I can't be upset. I didn't expect this run at all and fully telegraphed getting swept by the Bucks in round 1. Here's to trading for Dame and getting right back here next year. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, damhausen said:

Jokic in the postgame interview just being like "this is good it means I can go home now". 😆

Ever been invited to a rare happy hour by colleagues and you feel like it’s a bad look if you don’t go?  Even though all you really wanna do is just do your job and then go home

That’s Jokic here.  It’s so relatable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, LL! said:

Coach Spo is one of the smartest coaches to do the thing. He didn't play Tyler cause he's packaging him up in a trade so why risk it. 

I'm sad, but I can't be upset. I didn't expect this run at all and fully telegraphed getting swept by the Bucks in round 1. Here's to trading for Dame and getting right back here next year. 

While I agree that Coach Spo is a great coach, not playing a player that can help you extend out a championship series just to package him in a trade is not very smart. If Herro could have played, you play him. And if he can't help you win, why even dress him?

3 hours ago, I Think You Should Busch said:

Ever been invited to a rare happy hour by colleagues and you feel like it’s a bad look if you don’t go?  Even though all you really wanna do is just do your job and then go home

That’s Jokic here.  It’s so relatable.

He's gotta be hoping the end of the parade route is the airport runway.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Pooker said:

While I agree that Coach Spo is a great coach, not playing a player that can help you extend out a championship series just to package him in a trade is not very smart. If Herro could have played, you play him. And if he can't help you win, why even dress him?

I was being mostly facetious. I of course wanted to see Herro out there, but Spo is smart and likely didn't think he was ready to get out there yet. I'm sure he would have played him if he felt confident. In Spo I trust. 

• Like 2

It felt like they were trying to use Herro but didn't see him as being legitimately healthy enough to contribute. It's not the first time an injured player suits up and the team makes every attempt to have them play.

I assume he's either in a Beal or Lillard trade package this offseason, but the Heat are historically a bit rigid on giving up depth and contributing players so it'll be interesting to see if they try to hold onto him. I guess future contract situations will dictate a lot.