2022–23 NBA season

michgcs

2 hours ago, Pooker said:

So, Jokic being suspended for a game? Or the Sun's owner being banned from the arena? Or a fine for both?

Fine for both probably.  In a reasonable world, Jokic getting a tech was more than enough punishment for that.

5 hours ago, Maxx said:

Fine for both probably.  In a reasonable world, Jokic getting a tech was more than enough punishment for that.

I agree. Should be done and over for Jokic, and the Suns owner should get a fine. Ideally, he would be told to go sit in a owners box as well, and to stay away from the court.

I don't think I said it here, but I thought they would at least get to the Finals, if not win the championship after getting KD. What I didn't take into account was the inevitable CP3 play-off injury, Ayton becoming a walking liability, and perhaps most importantly, trading away the entire depth of their squad to get KD in the first place. 

I definitely thought the depth wasn't as big a risk, after years of being spoiled by teams like the Warriors just magically finding guys from the middle of nowhere.

Phoenix is in a tough spot. They'll definitely trade Ayton, and I think if they are savvy with signings can fill out the roster. It's wild that Ayton got so much worse after Bridges was traded.

From 2-10, the 13th seed at the All-Star break, didn't have a winning record on the season until March 31st, make the play-in, beat the 2 seed, beat the defending champs, possibly ending their dynasty, and now in the WCF.

Play that Randy Newman, WE LOVE IT!

Edited by DMN in the House
typo

7 hours ago, DMN in the House said:

From 2-10, the 13th seed at the All-Star break, didn't have a winning record on the season until March 31st, make the play-in, beat the 2 seed, beat the defending champs, possibly ending their dynasty, and now in the WCF.

Play that Randy Newman, WE LOVE IT!

Your welcome for giving you Vanderbilt and taking Westbrook off your hands.

My stepson Riley, who watches the NBA far more than I do, believes the Lakers will lose to the Nuggets. I'm not so sure, but I hope the Celtics beat the Sixers to advance. Fuck Doc Rivers. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, damhausen said:

Spoelstra vs whoever wins the Sixers/Celtics game 7 is going to be a historically lopsided coaching matchup.

FROM YOUR FINGER TIPS TO BASKETBALL GOD'S EYES

2 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

My stepson Riley, who watches the NBA far more than I do, believes the Lakers will lose to the Nuggets. I'm not so sure, but I hope the Celtics beat the Sixers to advance. Fuck Doc Rivers. 

Everyone thought they'd lose to Memphis and GS as well. The Nuggets are the 1 seed for a reason, they're a great team, but the Lakers have the best record since they rehauled the entire team at the trade deadline.

It could go either way, imo. If the Lakers can get one of the first two in Denver, Lakers in 6. If they can't, Denver in 7.

Either way, I want whoever wins that matchup to win it all. 

The Sixers are the only Philadelphia sports team I can actually stand, but I don't want Rivers anywhere near another championship. He's probably already Hall of Fame bound, and will be the least deserving person inducted.

• Like 1

Boston or Miami would be my picks right now. Boston because my family is from there, Miami because I can't stand anybody else. Jokic and Murray winning would be well deserved and awesome to see, but I can never actually root for Denver to win. I hate the Lakers. Hate Doc Rivers.

2 hours ago, DMN in the House said:

Everyone thought they'd lose to Memphis and GS as well. 

GS maybe, but I don't think anyone thought they'd go out to the dried-out husk of the Grizzlies team. It's why I was so annoyed at the Timberwolves for giving up their lead in the play-in game, because the Grizzlies were ripe for the picking.

I have to think Denver wins, although there's part of me that wants success for the many, many former T-Wolves players on the Lakers roster.

With regards to Mark Jackson, he has apologised and said he "forgot to include" Jokic on his MVP ballot. I wonder if he'd have remembered if Jokic was American.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris2K said:

GS maybe, but I don't think anyone thought they'd go out to the dried-out husk of the Grizzlies team. It's why I was so annoyed at the Timberwolves for giving up their lead in the play-in game, because the Grizzlies were ripe for the picking.

I have to think Denver wins, although there's part of me that wants success for the many, many former T-Wolves players on the Lakers roster.

With regards to Mark Jackson, he has apologised and said he "forgot to include" Jokic on his MVP ballot. I wonder if he'd have remembered if Jokic was American.

Maybe it's just the nephews on r/NBA, though the media has been, in the majority, not on the Lakers, either. Doesn't matter, we made it this far.

As far as Mark Jackson, he actually didn't say he forgot Jokic, he claimed he thought the ballot was for All-NBA, which, I don't know if I completely buy, but he did have two guards, two forwards, and Embiid on it, so that fits.