2022–23 NBA season

michgcs

If anything, this Heat team being 3-1 up against the Bucks is the best evidence possible that Giannis should be MVP, even if the votes are already done.

De'Aaron Fox is out for the Kings, so I fear their chances of getting past the Warriors may be very slim now. 

I swear when I went to bed last night, the Bucks were up by almost 20. Kinda mind blowing to wake up and see they lost. Heat/Knicks feels like we're back in the 90s but I kinda feel like whoever wins will get stomped by the 76ers or the Celtics.

Edit: just watched some highlights from the post game press interviews with Butler and Giannis. Reporters are dumb and that must be annoying as hell to have to talk to them, especially after your season ends. But, if you haven't, go look up Giannis' answer when the reporter asked if this season was a failure. Absolutely A+ class answers from him.

Edited by Pooker

As much as I dislike Butler, and as much as that game-tying bucket with two seconds less was quite obviously an offensive foul, the sight of Grayson Allen fucking up so royally to end the game may have been worth it.

The immaturity of the Grizzlies is just embarrassing, from Morant's insanity, to Brooks being a dick after winning 1 home play off game, to all the players (mainly Brooks) refusing to media appearances after all their losses.

If the rumors of the Grizzlies trying to trade away Brooks at the trade deadline are true, I can see that playing a part in him not wanting to talk to the press. I'm also not a fan of the players having to talk to the press right after a game ends, especially if it's season ending, but at least Morant made the most of his it sounds like.

I'll always have a hard time rooting for the Kings. Too much early 2000s dislike still lingering.

I'll admit to not watching the game today, only a couple of highlights. And while Curry is great at pretty much everything, and I know my strategy would result in a bunch of fouls...but put a freaking body on him. If you give him any space at all, he's either dribbling the ball through you, or he's shooting it. Make him work more. Tire him out. Foul out your bench players, but get Curry as tired as possible, so that when you put your best defenders on him, he's not moving as quick.

This will at least result in him only scoring 35 or 40, not 50. Good luck with Klay and Wiggins. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pooker said:

I'll admit to not watching the game today, only a couple of highlights. And while Curry is great at pretty much everything, and I know my strategy would result in a bunch of fouls...but put a freaking body on him. If you give him any space at all, he's either dribbling the ball through you, or he's shooting it. Make him work more. Tire him out. Foul out your bench players, but get Curry as tired as possible, so that when you put your best defenders on him, he's not moving as quick.

This will at least result in him only scoring 35 or 40, not 50. Good luck with Klay and Wiggins. 

I thought they did a really good job of trying to exploit Curry as much as possible but the Warriors experience in negating that along with having two players who were welcomed to shoot made the difference. The Kings tried but this is the excellence of Curry shining through.