2022–23 NBA season

michgcs

8 hours ago, damhausen said:

Lol they won the game without Embiid, a thing I was told was impossible. Worst loss for a Boston sports team in almost 24 hours.

It could be worse. Philly lost two Championships on the same day 🤣

• Haha 1

The Grizzlies have informed free agent to be Dillion Brooks that he will not be brought back to the team under any circumstances. A perfect ending to their season.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Question is, who? If somebody gives him a big contract, he'll never live up to it. And if he ends up taking a minimum deal, he'll be known as the guy who missed out, since he rejected an extension from the Grizzlies earlier in the season.

What a garbage move. From a basketball standpoint he literally has the best win-loss record of any coach in the last 5 years. From a human being standpoint, his brother died during the Heat series and he still coached every game.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

What a garbage move. From a basketball standpoint he literally has the best win-loss record of any coach in the last 5 years. From a human being standpoint, his brother died during the Heat series and he still coached every game.

That's just shitty - seems like a stupid move at an awful time. 

Giannis was criticizing him for not making the right adjustments during games four and five too - like maybe he had something else on his mind and did you speak up during the game about it? Maybe - and this is my armchair coaching - don't miss 13 FT or commit 7 TO? And Jimmy Butler went off this series - sometimes your defensive scheme just doesn't matter if a guy is en fuego like that.

On 02/05/2023 at 13:16, Pooker said:

Question is, who? If somebody gives him a big contract, he'll never live up to it. And if he ends up taking a minimum deal, he'll be known as the guy who missed out, since he rejected an extension from the Grizzlies earlier in the season.

The Pistons. 

https://pistonpowered.com/2023/05/06/detroit-pistons-controversial-free-agent/amp/

21 hours ago, damhausen said:

It's tacky timing but I think he got as much as we going to out of them. He's been outclassed in 3 of the 5 playoffs they've been in with him - twice by Spoelstra. That team isn't getting any younger. Tough spot for them to be in as an organization.

Yeah I love Bud and the timing is super shitty but he was about to be fired for Rick Carlisle before they went on the championship run and the issues he had then were still popping up.

He's a good coach but he's very stubborn about game plan and in the playoffs you need to adjust and he never really did that. 

They needed to make some changes and it's not all his fault but they're limited in what they can do with the roster so changing up the coach is the next logical step. 

• Like 1

It definitely sucks, but probably better not to draw it out. Let's the Bucks get a new coach before the draft, and gives Bud some time to recover from the season and losing his brother, and not have to focus on basketball for a bit.

I'm loving how unpredictable these conference semi finals have been. I truly have no idea who is going to win any of the series. 

39 minutes ago, Pooker said:

It definitely sucks, but probably better not to draw it out. Let's the Bucks get a new coach before the draft, and gives Bud some time to recover from the season and losing his brother, and not have to focus on basketball for a bit.

I'm loving how unpredictable these conference semi finals have been. I truly have no idea who is going to win any of the series. 

I think we can write off the Sixers. 

3 hours ago, damhausen said:

I think we can write off the Sixers. 

Was going to say this but you beat me to it. The Sixers will never advance to a ECF with Doc Rivers as their coach. Man is making a living off the original Big 3

I want the Sixers to make it to a ECF.

A few years after Rivers retires or is fired, that is. 

*edit* I'd say the next year, but people would still find a way to credit Rivers if it happened that fast. 

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pooker said:

So, Jokic being suspended for a game? Or the Sun's owner being banned from the arena? Or a fine for both?

Suns Owner flopped like Paul Pierce!

• Like 1