2022–23 NBA season

michgcs

On 15/05/2023 at 00:44, Maxx said:

Hmm what team has an opening and some star players Doc can parasitically attach himself to?

Welcome to Phoenix!

It's still on!

I'm surprised Nurse picked the 76ers, assuming he had been a choice for all the other teams looking for a new coach.

On 22/05/2023 at 00:50, LL! said:

I cannot believe the Heat are going to the finals. WTF

This feels like so long ago, but it came true. It really really did. Caleb Martin is a rockstar for his performance this series. He should have won MVP.

1 hour ago, Fitzy said:

Do you like basketball again?

FOR NOW

• Haha 2

I like the Celtics ok for the most part, but um Jayson Tatum won't win a title playing like he did this series. In this series he had 2 strategies, for the most part: 1) force a low percentage/high difficulty shot (and to his credit, make it more times than most players would) or 2) dribble into the paint to about the free throw line, tuck the ball and try to plunge through the D-Line, lob up a layup, and then put on the most shocked face possible when the shot doesn't fall or a foul doesn't get called

Also, he rolled his ankles 26 seconds in and played over 40 minutes. Yes kudos to him for doing that but when it drags down your team...are you really helping?

"I saw the video after the game that I came down on my ankle," Tatum said. "And that's tough, because it kind of impacted me the rest of the night. It swelled up and it was just frustrating that I was kind of a shell of myself. It was tough to move. It was just frustrating, especially that it happened on the first play."

I get that he is their best player - but why not give it a few minutes to heal. Let someone else try their hand at playing. Payton Prichard brought good energy and can score. Sam Hauser isn't a total shlub, try him some more. Hell, Blake Griffin isn't the guy he used to be but he brought heart and defense (and maybe a big ass dunk or two). 

I get that a "shell" of Tatum might be better rated than any of those guys in a vacuum, but when it was clear that he was struggling - give him a dang break.

• Like 1

If nothing else it's definitive proof that Jaylen Brown is in no way dependable as a #1 player. This was his chance to prove himself and he had so many turnovers I'm surprised he wasn't listed in the box score as a member of the Heat.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Krabby said:

I get that a "shell" of Tatum might be better rated than any of those guys in a vacuum, but when it was clear that he was struggling - give him a dang break.

The ankle is a bullshit excuse cause what explanation does he have for being a shell of himself in the rest of the series?

• Haha 1

Edit....nevermind read two posts incorrectly.

Anyway, I got nothing. I'm becoming less of an NBA watch but still glad to see LA and Boston get eliminated. 

And Phoenix.

I hope Butler gets a ring because it would be such a unique legacy. Denver...whatever. 

Actually I should be rooting for Jokic seeing as he made Ishbia look stupid. 

Sorry Butler

• Like 1
  • Haha 1