2022–23 NBA season

michgcs

21 minutes ago, damhausen said:

And yet somehow an improvement over Sarver.

He and Dan Gilbert probably have an incredible amount of blackmail on each other. Just mortgage slimeballs, both of them.

Our guy Ishbia was so weirdly obsessed with beating Gilbert, and I think really wanted to outdo him. Both are MSU alums, so Ishbia wanted to donate more to MSU (he apparently funded much of Mel Tuckers contract in football), wanted to become the #1 mortgage lender in America, and of course buy his very own sports team (he was rumored to be interested in the Commanders).

Much as I despise the guy, he'll probably be a "good" owner  because he's hyper competitive and already shown he's not afraid to make big moves to make the team competitive. 

1 hour ago, Trey said:

Are there any owners that would be worth rooting for? Balmer is the closest I can think of but I feel like anyone who has that much money has it because they are happy to step on people. 

I haven't seen or heard anything bad yet about Ryan Smith. Got rich from the tech world, been a Jazz fan his whole life. Really seems to want to improve the team, the community, and everybody around him.

• Like 1

On 02/03/2023 at 00:39, Pooker said:

I think that Phoenix has a decent chance at coming out of the West. Denver will give them trouble and so will Golden State, if Curry gets fully healthy. Memphis might give them a run, but a lot might depend on Morant's legal troubles.

Ja continues to double-down on his batshit stupidity by going on IG Live and waving a gun around. At this point of his wannabe-gangster run he's one rap album away from going fully OG Loc.

On 01/03/2023 at 04:37, Trey said:

Durant makes his debut for the Phoenix Suns tonight; at the end of the year we might be looking back at this as the starting point for a title team. 

And now Durant is out for the season, possibly the start of the playoffs, with a sprained ankle. Off to a great start.

8 minutes ago, Pooker said:

And now Durant is out for the season, possibly the start of the playoffs, with a sprained ankle. Off to a great start.

If he is back for the playoffs I still think I'm picking them over any team in the West and I say that as a Booker/Paul hater. They made it look so easy with unbelievably simple concepts with him in there I'm not betting against them until the Finals. 

Huh. I'm not sure how that gun gets from his house to Colorado without going on the team plane, or into the team locker room.

Also that 8 games is back-dated, so he can play again next Monday. This doesn't feel like much of a punishment.

On 15/03/2023 at 16:25, damhausen said:

They said they could not verify if it was ever his gun except when he was filming with it. The 2 days of therapy to magically be better is so classic, he'll be back doing some shit soon enough. Some people can't help themselves.

You don't think this edition of "Scared Straight" worked?

KD looking to come back Wednesday so he's looking a potential 6 more games with the team before the playoffs. Glad he's going to get some time to gel with the team even if the three games he played looked pretty seamless. 

Assuming nothing crazy happens and the standings stay as they are, Clippers/Suns in the first round is going to be great.

Saying that, I hope the Kings stomp everybody in the West, before losing to the Bucks in the Finals.

4 hours ago, Pooker said:

I'm surprised the age limit for the draft stayed for same. Thought for sure it was going away.

Now that it's been a catalyst in the NBA being able to start building up the G League with top draft talent it won't. More money for them and with NIL they can point to "options" for good players to make money during that year.

• Like 1

That along with neither side cares enough about it to give something up in negotiations to make it a reality. 

Excited to see the new extension rules and the 65 game threshold for winning awards and the tournament will seem a lot less silly in a decade.