2022–23 NBA season

michgcs

2 hours ago, Justin Buschlander said:

Damn, one pick short of calling the exact trade package about 14 hours before it happened.

TJ Warren was also traded back to the Suns along with KD. Still very close. 

• Like 1

Cam Johnson and Bridges are perfect players to fit around Ben Simmons. Let Simmons have the ball in his hands, gain back some confidence when he's not playing with other superstars, and see if you can find other players to fit in around him.

55 minutes ago, damhausen said:

For Brooklyn it's basically movable pieces in Johnson and Bridges with some potentially great picks at the end of the decade. Curious if they try to flip all these assets in short order to build a new team or try to build through accumulation and the draft.

This just begs the question; who are the 2023 versions of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

For what it's worth we did get a solid haul for KD. Plus we can't afford to rebuild because... we don't have any of our own firsts for awhile - again. It's like Sean Marks was like "fuck it, I'll do it again!".

We'll be a fun playoff team and if we get past the first round we'll accomplish just as much as we did with Harden/Kyrie/KD all together, which is just horrible. 

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

This just begs the question; who are the 2023 versions of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett?

Kyle Lowry and Kevin Love?

Wiseman could be good if he's given the time to actually develop, instead of sitting on the bench and only getting spot minutes. I'm more surprised the Pistons didn't trade Bogey.

Was hoping the Jazz would have traded Rudy Gay, but guess nobody wants a washed up veteran that can't shoot the ball. Hope we can buy him out and just play our young guys the rest of the year.

Also, fuck Pat Bev. 

1 hour ago, Pooker said:

Wiseman could be good if he's given the time to actually develop, instead of sitting on the bench and only getting spot minutes. I'm more surprised the Pistons didn't trade Bogey.

Was hoping the Jazz would have traded Rudy Gay, but guess nobody wants a washed up veteran that can't shoot the ball. Hope we can buy him out and just play our young guys the rest of the year.

Also, fuck Pat Bev. 

Yeah I think I was just shocked, not that I expected a huge return for Bey I was hoping for a pick or something. I didn't realize him and Wiseman were in the same draft. Bey is also a pretty bad defender so that may have factored into the trade. 

I think with Bogey they might want to see if the team can improve next season and if so, might be worth keeping to play for a play in spot atleast. 

11 hours ago, Chris2K said:

The last hour has been mad, I refreshed Woj's Twitter after a fifteen minute interval and about ten trades had happened.

My favourite might be the Lakers trading Pat Bev to the Magic for Mo Bamba. 

I no longer support this statement, as it appears Beverley is getting a buy out to rejoin... the Timberwolves. 

• Like 1

I hope he asks a homeless man who to draft again. Also, prepare for the Bucks to sign Miles Bridges to a huge contract.

Sorry, I don't think anyone in the NBA currently reaches Deshaun Watson levels, so Miles Bridges is who we got for the joke. Jim Haslem is a piece of shit and if he buys the Bucks I hope Giannis leaves them.

Russell Westbrook is considering actually playing in Utah. Chances are he will still be bought put, but the fact that he is even considering it, with the history he has here, I think is huge and says a lot about the changes our ownership has managed to make in a few short years.