2022–23 NBA season

michgcs

Mitchell scores 71 for the Cavs, whilst more and more reports come out about how Gobert is not liked in the Timberwolves organisation as a reason for the roller-coaster of inconsistency, highlighted by beating the Nuggets two days after losing to the tanking Pistons' second unit. Gobert contributed 8 points and 4 rebounds to the Nuggets win, I should add.

6 first round draft picks and three useful bench players for.... this.

• Sad 1

It's turning out to be an extremely bad fit. Outside of a few people here, it seemed like Rudy was well liked in Utah, but is definitely different then most players.

It's crazy how Snyder was able to bring out and utilize Rudy the best, while it seems like he was holding Mitchell back, given the way Mitchell is playing in Cleveland. I'm sad to see Rudy doing so poorly, and part of me hopes they can pull it together and make a run, but I'll also be happy with a lottery pick from the Wolves.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Wanna swap him for Rudy Gobert and our 2035-2039 first round picks?

Nah, but hear y'all might be interested in Mike Conley. Got any more Walker Kesslers hiding anywhere?

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Very British-centric news, but the BBC are going to start broadcasting live games until the end of the season, starting with the Paris game on Thursday.

I'm going to go out of my way to watch it in the slim hope that it helps get some more coverage in the UK.

I think this is just step one and the benchmark is likely low given that the game has become more global by the year. They want this to be considered a success so they likely will claim it as such. 

The All-Star draft will be a segment on TNT this year right before the All-Star game, instead of a few days before like the last couple of years.

Please, oh please have all the players line up on the court, the captains in front of them, and pick them one by one. And play shirts and skins. It's a shame KD isn't a captain this year so we can watch him draft Harden with the last pick again, but with Harden staring him down this time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A fun Reddit thread here delving into the likely manipulation of statistics by the Grizzlies for Jaren Jackson Jr, to the extent of him being credited with blocks and steals where he isn't even involved in the turnover play. My favourite is the one where the ball gets thrown directly to Desmond Bane, and Jackson gets given the steal.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chris2K said:

A fun Reddit thread here delving into the likely manipulation of statistics by the Grizzlies for Jaren Jackson Jr, to the extent of him being credited with blocks and steals where he isn't even involved in the turnover play. My favourite is the one where the ball gets thrown directly to Desmond Bane, and Jackson gets given the steal.

It's getting a lot of traction now. Betting on DPOY has been shut down at at least one major US sports book and NBA Twitter is firing up about it.

I saw that thread early this morning when it first hit the front page of reddit. Definitely a crazy story.

What a wonderful way to repay the organisation that stood by him whilst he put himself on a pedestal of stupidity and ignorance. Twice.

I really hope this is the part where his ego tells him he is so intelligent that he can make a league as successful as the NBA just by his "star power" and "talent" alone and doesn't darken the doorstep of another NBA team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, damhausen said:

Kyrie Irving has requested a trade, and informed the Nets he will leave in free agency.

I hope we just cut our losses at this point. I don't want another 4 to 5 years of drama and self imposed ultimatums where he can just take 30 games off for the hell of it.

Just don't deal him to LA..

Edited by DYSI
  • Like 1