2022–23 NBA season

michgcs

On 08/02/2023 at 06:43, Pooker said:

Alright, now that that is out of the way, let's get to the trade deadline, watch the Lakers make no moves and LeBron will be "hurt" the rest of the year when he realizes they don't stand a chance at winning.

Called it. LeBron is now out for at least a couple weeks, and his evaluation at that time will largely depend on where the Lakers are sitting in the standings.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pooker said:

Called it. LeBron is now out for at least a couple weeks, and his evaluation at that time will largely depend on where the Lakers are sitting in the standings.

he's gotta stay healthy long term so he can play with Bronny!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Trey said:

Durant makes his debut for the Phoenix Suns tonight; at the end of the year we might be looking back at this as the starting point for a title team. 

For 2024? Because I cannot imagine they can get on the same page quick enough for it to matter this season. Also, their depth sucks butt now. 

11 minutes ago, Beeker00Zero said:

I have come to the conclusion that Durant is not a leader but a lethal second-in-command. Phoenix might be "Durant's team" but it will take Paul or Booker to lead them to a title.

The only thing Chris Paul is leading a team to is the injury report or punching a guy in the nuts. 

• Haha 1

Yeah Phoenix has one too many missing pieces now, big thing for them is that they now have Durant, Booker, and Ayton for a few years. Paul is all but done and they'll have to figure out what to do there as well as with their bench, but the team has a 2-3 year window ahead of it where they just need everything to go right once.

• Like 1

I think that Phoenix has a decent chance at coming out of the West. Denver will give them trouble and so will Golden State, if Curry gets fully healthy. Memphis might give them a run, but a lot might depend on Morant's legal troubles.

But, if Phoenix does come out of the West, I don't see them beating Boston or the Bucks. Maybe even the 76ers. They will have to get lucky and hope somebody else makes it out of the East, but I doubt that will happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, damhausen said:

I'm sorry if you're looking at what happened in Brooklyn and think it has anything to do with Durant's leadership or lack thereof I don't know what to tell you.

See also Thunder, OKC.

The East is much stronger. The West's best chance is if the Eastern teams batter one another.

Edited by Beeker00Zero
Added East/West.

11 hours ago, Pooker said:

I think that Phoenix has a decent chance at coming out of the West. Denver will give them trouble and so will Golden State, if Curry gets fully healthy. Memphis might give them a run, but a lot might depend on Morant's legal troubles.

But, if Phoenix does come out of the West, I don't see them beating Boston or the Bucks. Maybe even the 76ers. They will have to get lucky and hope somebody else makes it out of the East, but I doubt that will happen.

76ers are coached by Doc Rivers. They'll be lucky to even make it to the Eastern Conference Finals

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Beeker00Zero said:

See also Thunder, OKC.

The East is much stronger. The West's best chance is if the Eastern teams batter one another.

What about the Thunder? Durant carried that team to the Finals, watched them trade away his best teammate and future MVP so they could keep Kendrick Perkins around, and then gave him Westbrook as his running mate. He was more loyal to that franchise than that franchise was to him.

And yeah, the top of the East is better than the West but I would have said that last year also and we saw how that turned out. It's like Zach Lowe says, if you have Durant you have a shot at the title. Add Booker and Ayton to that mix and they are going to be a tough out when rotations get shortened and that depth isn't as glaring. 

The Thunder would've won a title without Harden had they not completely bungled the return of the trade (on Presti) and their owner was more willing to spend. And even then they basically were there except the Warriors dynasty arrived, had cap space, and courted the best FA on the market in Durant. Without the two trips to the Finals beforehand, Golden State probably still signs him They were planning on it as early as 2014 before they won their first title. It's a very weird criticism and one everyone was making about LeBron even after the two Miami titles.

I don't want Phoenix to win anything because the new owner is the scumbag that owns the mortgage company I used to work for. 

He underpays people at his mortgage company but can buy the Suns. Also, he created a job position for his former rapist teammate Mateen Cleaves at the mortgage place. So fuck him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, damhausen said:

And yet somehow an improvement over Sarver.

He and Dan Gilbert probably have an incredible amount of blackmail on each other. Just mortgage slimeballs, both of them.

Are there any owners that would be worth rooting for? Balmer is the closest I can think of but I feel like anyone who has that much money has it because they are happy to step on people. 

Just now, Trey said:

Are there any owners that would be worth rooting for? Balmer is the closest I can think of but I feel like anyone who has that much money has it because they are happy to step on people. 

All team owners are garbage people, some more garbage than others.

At least some of them contribute to culture and their cities in some capacity but most are just trying to siphon money to themselves through their team ownership.