2022–23 NBA season

michgcs

On 08/09/2022 at 02:29, damhausen said:

I know the WNBA team has it but they should just also use Aces for the NBA Vegas team. If it becomes a reality.

My go-to name is always something gambling related, either Aces indeed, or Whales. Back in an old Madden game where you could design your own stadium you could name the fan section I called it the High Roller Pit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I predicted to my friends today that the Jazz will finish with a bottom 5 record, I'll be super excited about potentially drafting Victor or Scoot Henderson, the Lakers will barely miss the playoffs, and end up with a top 2 pick.

2 hours ago, Chris2K said:

The amount of tanking to try and get this kid is going to be both hilarious and completely understandable.

I am going to do everything in my power to make the Wizards win the lottery this year.

49 minutes ago, Pooker said:

I predicted to my friends today that the Jazz will finish with a bottom 5 record, I'll be super excited about potentially drafting Victor or Scoot Henderson, the Lakers will barely miss the playoffs, and end up with a top 2 pick.

Pelicans have swap rights with the Lakers this year.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, damhausen said:

I am going to do everything in my power to make the Wizards win the lottery this year.

Pelicans have swap rights with the Lakers this year.

You really think a silly thing like swap rights will stop the NBA from rigging the lottery?

15 hours ago, Pooker said:

You really think a silly thing like swap rights will stop the NBA from rigging the lottery?

BREAKNING NEWS: PELICANS FOLD DAY BEFORE DRAFT!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some random things from opening night:

- The Celtics city jersey is sublime. Team looks OK too.

- The ring ceremony was great, highlighted by Juan Toscano-Anderson awkwardly posing with the Warriors in his Lakers gear.

- All the past fortnight's madness doesn't seem to have affected the Warriors too much.

• Haha 1

I'm almost optimistic that the Jazz will field a highly competitive team, while still losing lots of games. Would also be OK if we went 1-81, as long as we beat Denver tonight.

Also, fuck Rudy Gay.

Just want to point out that three former Jazzmen lead their new teams in scoring in their debuts tonight. Rudy, Donovan, and Bojan Bogdanovic. And then the Jazz beat the Nuggets by 21 points. I don't care what happens the rest of the season, I'm happy right now.

• Like 1

Pleasantly surprised the Pistons opened with a win. Nice to see the backcourt of the future step it up, and was not expecting Jalen Duran to open with such a good game. Double double off the bench and kept himself out of foul trouble. Could be a steal from this draft, and if he can keep himself from picking up fouls he could move to the starting line up. 

The Wolves did their best to blow multiple double digit leads, but crawled across the line in the end. KAT throwing up alley-oops to Gobert will never not feel very weird.

Very glad I watched the Nets/Pelicans game, mainly to see how well the Pels played, but also because the Nets look like a team of nothing but individuals trying to one-up each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

The Wolves did their best to blow multiple double digit leads, but crawled across the line in the end. KAT throwing up alley-oops to Gobert will never not feel very weird.

Very glad I watched the Nets/Pelicans game, mainly to see how well the Pels played, but also because the Nets look like a team of nothing but individuals trying to one-up each other.

How did you like the way Rudy played overall? Stats-wise, looked like he had a great game.

• Like 1

Honestly, I was expecting more from him on the defensive end. We gave up way too many offensive rebounds which was our biggest flaw last season (and what Gobert was supposed to help) and there were some Thunder shots at the end which I thought he could have done more to try and stop.

On the attacking side he was very good though, lots of second chance points and he even hit a buzzer-beater. Granted it was from just inside the free throw line with nobody challenging him, but a buzzer-beater nevertheless.

• Like 1