Premier League 2023/24

Lineker

17 hours ago, METALMAN said:

This is an interesting essay on the relationship between Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool (the city): https://www.ft.com/content/c3f61974-d482-40d8-b135-94d035c776db

(If you can't access it and you'd like to let me know and I'll send you a link)

Gonna be so weird that he's not going to be around. The biggest thing I liked about Klopp was probably Klopp outside of football like the way he is, when you see hik in videos with kids, disabled fans etc, his beliefs. He very much was in line with a lot of the people. 

I totally get how people don't like him cause of how he can be in a footballing sense but there'll never be another man like him managing the club in my lifetime. 

also this

• Haha 1

Naw, Martinez is an absolute cunt. I understand a teenager finding him hilarious, and that's pretty much it.

Slot is going to need a lot of time planning on how to fix the Liverpool defense. It's horrendous as a unit. Leak goals, give away way too many high quality chances every match. Alisson and Kelleher have saved a lot of points this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, METALMAN said:

Nah that’s not fair. Emiliano Martinez is a cunt in a funny way. Not in a cunty way. 

Unlike Klopp 👀

Anyways, get the fuck in. Jhon Duran’s Aston Villa, you absolutely love to see it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

When two teams could have scored about 7 or 8 collide. Some proper sitters missed in that match and some really naff defending. Its telling when a lad gets MOTM for a 10 minute performance in which he scores a well placed shot and another taking a mad deflection of him. 

Thought we looked worse again following the changes. Can't argue with the result though.

Just hope we finish on a high for the final game. 

Emi Martinez is a treasure to football. Hilarious to see people get riled up by such a great keeper. Amazing blunder, though, takes some skill to pull off.

Glad I didn't stay up to watch us not win, again, though, knew even the lofty goal of 84 points was beyond our reach.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Glad I didn't stay up to watch us not win, again, though, knew even the lofty goal of 84 points was beyond our reach.

Can only finish on a *checks notes* maximum of 82 and are safely third.

Liverpool have been crap for a few weeks but comfortably ahead of everyone below them.

For a team that finished 5th the season before on 67 points to finish 3rd on a minimum of 79 and a max of 82 is pretty good going.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Can only finish on a *checks notes* maximum of 82 and are safely third.

Liverpool have been crap for a few weeks but comfortably ahead of everyone below them.

For a team that finished 5th the season before on 67 points to finish 3rd on a minimum of 79 and a max of 82 is pretty good going.

Oh, I think we've had an amazing season, regardless of the drop off which was expected and honestly, how can you blame them?

I'm just glad I didn't stay awake till 5am to watch us almost beat Villa, then let in two goals in the last ten minutes. 

56 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Good morning fellow Man City fans. 

Ange's "100% of Spurs fans want us to win the game" comment certainly had me looking around nervously.

It somehow feels win-win, and lose-lose.:

If Spurs win, then we get 5th guaranteed and still the chance of 4th, but we also probably get mocked for helping Arsenal. If Spurs lose, then we hamper Arsenal's title bid, but also run the risk of finishing 7th.

Given our performances in the last 5 matches I wouldn't expect City to have too many problems to be honest.