NFL 2023

Lineker

Well no notes on this Cowboys performance.  I was worried by the 3 straight sacks at the start of the game, but the Rams haven’t done anything of note since.

38 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Well no notes on this Cowboys performance.  I was worried by the 3 straight sacks at the start of the game, but the Rams haven’t done anything of note since.

They've actually done plenty of failing since. 

5 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Wow, the Brotherly Shove finally failed. Hurts fumbles the ball at the 1 yard line and Commanders recover. Two fumbles lost by the Eagles now inside the 5 yard line this game. Ridiculous.

This is all happening because the league is trying to get everyone away from using the much cooler name for it, the Tush Push.

13 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

This is all happening because the league is trying to get everyone away from using the much cooler name for it, the Tush Push.

The Brotherly Shove is better than all, sorry.

I didn’t like what I’ve seen from Daboll this year, but could at least explain it away as a lack of talent against a rough schedule.

This loss was every bit as bad as the Jake Fromm game where Joe Judge didn’t even attempt to try to move the football.  Why roster a backup QB at all when you don’t trust them enough to even attempt to run an offense?

Completely gutless.  Completely soured my opinion of him.

So the news for Kirk Cousins seems pretty grim. He seems to have torn his ACL. Sad.

Very interesting situation. He's been an iron man until this point, but is on the wrong side of 30 and in a contract year. Wondering where he goes from here as he obviously has plenty to offer a team, but not sure if a team that's in need of a QB is also in win-now mode. 

• Sad 3

Yep, still annoyed this morning.  Didn't think a 2-6 team could do that to me but that was really one of the more horrendous losses I can remember.  Even though I disagreed with the decision to send an injured kicker out there instead of just trying to pick up the 1 yard to ice it (end result of not getting the 1 yard would've been the same as what happened anyway), I think the way Daboll handled OT might've been more damning.

After not having Tommy DeVito throw a pass the entire 2nd half, he has him attempt 3 throws deep inside his own territory, all sideline/swing passes.  So Daboll rostered a QB whom he didn't trust to even attempt a forward pass, and basically the second the Jets sent it to OT Daboll decided he was gonna play for a tie.  And if that's the case, why even bother receiving?  Just opt to go on defense and hope for a turnover/field position.

If that's not enough, Daniel Jones magically got cleared for contact this morning, making it appear to be a rush job designed to calm fans down so they won't think DeVito is starting this week.  This just seems so reckless and it feels like 2022 was a fluke not just in terms of on-field results but also in terms of leadership showing competence.

• Sad 1

Vikings Provide Update on Kirk Cousins, Confirm Torn Achilles

Welllllll fudge :(

Not sure they're ready to turn things over to Jaren Hall or if they'll look to add a QB in his place. Andy Dalton looked ok in his 1 start with Carolina, Case Keenum's name I have heard thrown around and that would be a typical Minnesota move to see if he can Minneapolis Miracle our way into the playoffs. Of course Trey Lance's name is tossed out there as he's a MN guy but that's a huge wild card and who knows the cost. Carson Wentz is out there twiddling his thumbs at home - so I guess, there's an "option" if you want to call it that. IDK who else might be ont he radar.