NFL 2023

Lineker

Not that I expected anything else but I had to laugh my ass off seeing Dallas are currently -1500 moneyline favorites

You almost never see a moneyline that high before an NFL game.  That's basically an "early season top 5 NCAA team vs. random FBS team" kind of moneyline.  And given the state of where the Giants are at, it's pretty accurate.

• Haha 1

Roquan Smith reflecting on his trade from Chicago to Baltimore:

“And when I just think about it from the perspective of having the opportunity to compete for one, year in and year out, with the talent we have, man, it makes me so happy, just knowing my career is not going down the drain, in the sense of playing somewhere where I’m not truly competing for a title.”

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Busch Wyatt said:

Not that I expected anything else but I had to laugh my ass off seeing Dallas are currently -1500 moneyline favorites

You almost never see a moneyline that high before an NFL game.  That's basically an "early season top 5 NCAA team vs. random FBS team" kind of moneyline.  And given the state of where the Giants are at, it's pretty accurate.

At this point, I'd be sorely tempted to take the Georgia Bulldogs or Michigan Wolverines over the Giants if they played.

6 hours ago, Busch Wyatt said:

I'm thinking of doubling up with Giants under 11.5 and the over of 38.5 for the whole game...

12 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

No, no, no. Georgia and Michigan would get destroyed. Just stop.

Yep...the worst NFL player is still one of the best NCAA players

The Panthers are so bad.  I know NFL media is super reactionary to small sample sizes and all that but it’s feeling kinda hard not be that way about Bryce Young.  There are plenty of examples in recent NFL history of the team drafting the new QB and seeing instant results.  Maybe not a playoff contender, but clear as day that the QB makes everyone around him better and that he’s the right guy for the future.

And when you take a QB at #1, let alone give up all you did to move up to get him, that’s what you’re expecting.  And I can’t said it’s an unfair expectation given how often it’s happened, and how the NFL structures all its rules to allow QBs to exceed.  Nothing more important than that position.

The jokes about Young’s size have been plentiful but like, really, he does have multiple throws a game that are so wildly inaccurate you wonder if he just couldn’t see where he was even throwing.  There are very few positive signs at all.  And he’s got tons of pressure on him because of the trade, if he busts it’s basically gonna go down as one of the worst moves in history.

I hope the guy figures it out but I can see why Panthers fans would be despondent.

He's looking like a bust. A lot of times you attribute it to not having weapons (which he basically doesn't), but the stuff he should be good at he isn't. Young over Stroud might go down as an all-time mistake. Especially since they're losing out on a shot at the best WR prospect in the sport's history this year, all to have made the wrong choice at QB.

16 minutes ago, Busch Wyatt said:

The Panthers are so bad.  I know NFL media is super reactionary to small sample sizes and all that but it’s feeling kinda hard not be that way about Bryce Young.  There are plenty of examples in recent NFL history of the team drafting the new QB and seeing instant results.  Maybe not a playoff contender, but clear as day that the QB makes everyone around him better and that he’s the right guy for the future.

And when you take a QB at #1, let alone give up all you did to move up to get him, that’s what you’re expecting.  And I can’t said it’s an unfair expectation given how often it’s happened, and how the NFL structures all its rules to allow QBs to exceed.  Nothing more important than that position.

The jokes about Young’s size have been plentiful but like, really, he does have multiple throws a game that are so wildly inaccurate you wonder if he just couldn’t see where he was even throwing.  There are very few positive signs at all.  And he’s got tons of pressure on him because of the trade, if he busts it’s basically gonna go down as one of the worst moves in history.

I hope the guy figures it out but I can see why Panthers fans would be despondent.

Especially when CJ Stroud is playing so well already. I mean, kinda think it's weird Stroud wasn't number 1. I'm bit skeptical of Ohio States QBs but Stroud seemed to have an NFL ready skillset plus the physical attributes.

Not that Bryce won't figure it out, in his defense he doesn't have great weapons right now. But also he's not looked good.

18 minutes ago, Busch Wyatt said:

It's honestly even more damning that the coaching staff wanted to draft Stroud, who now is in Houston looking like a bonafide superstar in the making. But the front office went against it and went with Bryce Young instead, who simply up to this point has been struggling heavily.

They could've had the guy, it's not a case of people being taken by surprise by some form of sleeper pick because Stroud was always going to be that top 3 guy. But despite having literally all the options to pick the right one, they have picked the wrong one.

I feel it's way too early to call bust, but if he does, then the Panthers are going to suck for a loooooooooong time.