NFL 2023

Lineker

The Eagles won way too many close games that they didn't deserve at all. It's essentially the trope of the team massively overperforming their xG to get wins only to start losing when the numbers bottom out. 

I'm a Philly fan, but this team is not a legitimate contender. Jalen Hurts turns the ball over too much, the red zone offense is laughably bad, and the defense is the worst in the NFL. Linebackers cannot tackle, and their secondary ensures there's at least one guy wide open every play. Slay and Bradberry had career years last year, and are now having career years this year of the opposite kind. 

11 minutes ago, Szumi said:

Slay Darius and Bradberry had career years last year, and are now having career years this year of the opposite kind. 

I'm with the guys on Crossing Broad on this...the way he's playing, he doesn't deserve to be called Slay...he's just Darius

• Haha 1

I am obviously biased but it’s really blatantly obvious that Micah Parson is getting zero calls.  

55 minutes ago, Busch Wyatt said:

I’m off the “Ah shit, Eagles will win the SB” train and now on the “Ah fuck, the Cowboys will win the SB” train

Guess I have to root for the Niners to save us all

That train was decommissioned in 1996.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Busch Wyatt said:

Reid and Mahomes pissing and moaning about a correct call being made is really kinda disappointing.

I saw one article that bemoaned the flag on the TD as "barely offside" and I rolled my eyes

3 hours ago, Busch Wyatt said:

Reid and Mahomes pissing and moaning about a correct call being made is really kinda disappointing.

I liked Mahomes, but he was such a crybaby after this.  Even peak Brady wasn't this bad

• Haha 1

Opponent in one of my non-EWB leagues just had possibly the worst fantasy week of all time.  He's a dead team so he had Dalton Schultz still in despite being ruled out earlier in the week and Geno Smith at QB who got ruled out day of game.

The rest of his team:  Chase, St. Brown, Evans, Gus Edwards, Dameon Pierce, Daniel Carlson, Philly defense

Grand total of 18.00 points, 10 of which came from the defense.

• Haha 2

Philly really should be looking at getting an experienced DC in stat. Having an unqualified defensive coordinator is unacceptable, especially when the defense is only getting worse. There's been no schematic changes or improvements really anywhere.

• Sad 1

It’s not as bad as when they made an offensive line coach their defensive coordinator, who has subsequently never worked on the defensive side of the ball again.

• Haha 3

It's amusing to me that if the Giants were to win tonight they'd only be like a game out of a playoff spot and if they lose they're just more firmly entrenched in a top 5 draft spot.  This season is ridiculous.

Messed around with the playoff machine though and even if they were to beat GB tonight and also beat the Saints and Rams, they've got no path to the playoffs because they play the Eagles twice and no matter how flawed they might look after the last two weeks those games will be a demolition.

Losing to the Jets and Bills by a combined 2 yards might loom larger than expected but again the "reward" this year would've been a first round bloodletting at the hands of the Eagles, Cowboys, or Niners so I can't say I really care to make the playoffs in that case.

• Haha 2