NFL 2023

Lineker

20 minutes ago, Krabby said:

I wouldn't be super opposed to the Vikings drafting Michael Penix Jr

So here's the thing about him. He's a lot slow on his feet, while he moves around well for college you have to be super light on your feet in the NFL and he doesn't seem to make a lot of progressions or if he does they take awhile to make. It's stuff you can get away with in college, especially when you have a WR who in any year but this one would be the talk of college football. I don't know how well it translates to NFL defenses.

But if you draft him to see if he can develop some of those skills you have a guy with a very accurate deep ball which is a great place to start. He'll probably go rounds 2-3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He got minimal usage because he's garbage and completely washed.  He look horrendous when they were using him.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Pooker said:

Purdy only could because he has the stats. But, it's clear as day to anybody that watches and not just looks at stats, that Lamar is the sole reason Baltimore is as good as they are. Without him, they're middle of the league, if that.

Before the preseason even started, a lot of people on Facebook (including the group I quit because of too many anti-Cowboys assholes) discussing football were laughing at Lamar, calling him a has-been. Well, of the five fantasy teams I have, I tried to get him on four. The one I did get him on was one of the two teams I did live drafts on, and the four teams I didn't, the people who had him mainly used him as a backup. He's been my starter on that team every week except two: their bye week and their game against the Bengals. Wish I had benched him for the Steelers game.

(When I said anti-Cowboys assholes, I mean the type of jerks who blast you just for being a fan, and have nothing nice to say about you or the team at all. ie, making excuses if their team loses to them.)

• Like 1

I had Lamar in the B league this year and he got outscored by my back up, Russell Wilson, 6 times this year. It cost me at least two, if not three games, not leaving Lamar on my bench.

I had Wilson on a different team, but I was wrecked by injuries a lot this season on my teams. I had one team go 3-11, and it was mainly because I had injuries (about half done for the season, or might as well be) more often than not, and the replacement WRs and RBs available (I had James Cook when he went on the IR) were fairly shitty by week 11. I also had Anthony Richardson on that team at the start of the season. 

45 minutes ago, Pooker said:

I had Lamar in the B league this year and he got outscored by my back up, Russell Wilson, 6 times this year. It cost me at least two, if not three games, not leaving Lamar on my bench.

Yeah he has a very weird fantasy season and cost me some games as well. But then there were the high points where he thoroughly dominated. I believe he wound up number 3 in total fantasy points for QBs.

• Like 1

So many mock drafts having the Giants grab the top tackle on the board with their first pick.  And like, I get it.  The line is still really bad with Andrew Thomas the lone bright spot.  Taking a tackle poses some risk because they'll immediately be kicked out to RT where they might have less experience...but I've expressed my concerns with Evan Neal looking like he's just too slow to play tackle.

At the same time, I also can see why Schoen might be hesitant about giving up on the #7 pick within 2 years.  This is a guy that was pretty unanimously considered a safe prospect, with Dallas who have been an OL factory for a decade reportedly having him the #1 guy on their entire board.  Moreover he took John Michael Schmitz in the 2nd this year, considered one of the best centers in the class and a guy with a projected decent floor, and he's looked awful too.

But it's not just Neal and Schmitz.  It's basically every OL they've drafted other than Thomas for a decade now.  And it's veterans too.  Guys like Nate Solder who are still good have come to the Giants and immediately regressed to almost unfathomably bad levels.  Mark Glowinski, same thing.  Tyre Phillips was on the Giants last year and was mediocre at best, spends the first few months of this season on the Eagles practice squad and comes back considerably improved.

To me it feels like it's going on for too long to be a case of just whiffing on talent evaluations over and over again across multiple regimes.  There's a legitimate coaching and development problem at the OL position that has existed since Pat Flaherty (their OL coach during the SB runs) left.

With all this in mind it feels like you're pretty much setting the draft pick on fire if you go OL.  You have to figure out the real problem internally first.  Unless they're gonna give Bill Callahan a blank check I'd rather just go for a more immediate upgrade at a skill position.

• Like 1

You HATE to see this happen to a team before the playoffs. I, for one, hope they remedy this situation immediately*.

*never

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, LL! said:

You HATE to see this happen to a team before the playoffs. I, for one, hope they remedy this situation immediately*.

*never

Oh it was Marcus Hayes...😆😆😆😆

Anything he says should be taken with a swimming pool full of skepticism.

Eagles' A.J. Brown organized team bonding activity at an escape room following struggles  

21 minutes ago, Lint said:

Oh it was Marcus Hayes...😆😆😆😆

Anything he says should be taken with a swimming pool full of skepticism.

Eagles' A.J. Brown organized team bonding activity at an escape room following struggles  

Suspicious that we aren't hearing about how they did in the escape room. 

Bet they couldn't close that one out either. 

• Haha 6

Instead of being punished, the officiating crew who botched the Lions-Cowboys game are going to be working the Steelers-Ravens game.

And the eligible receiver call was not their only fuck up; they called a tripping penalty against Dallas that should have been called against the Lions. 

21 hours ago, Pooker said:

Weren't they disqualified from working any playoff games as a punishment?

Apparently not. 

Personally, I am hoping that its not a fuck up, and the reason they were assigned is because the head of officiating will be watching and will call down and reverse the call then fire them after the game if they screw up.

But its probably just an oversight or fuck up.

• Like 1

Just thinking ahead to 2024 fantasy football.  For the majority of the time I've played fantasy, RBs traditionally dominated the first round with a no-doubt stud WR and occasional QB crashing the party.

This was the first year I can remember RB taking something of a first round backseat.  CMC a consensus top 3 but volume-heavy guys like Ekeler and Bijan were always safely going mid first round as well, with others like Pollard sneaking into the back of the first round in some leagues.

Next year?  CMC is the obvious #1 pick pretty much everywhere.  But there's a chance the next RB won't come off the board til like 8th or 9th.  And I don't even know who it would be.  Kyren Williams and Breece Hall jump out as options, maybe Bijan could still be in play if Arthur Smith got fired.  Lot will change between now and August I'm sure but that old school "gotta take a RB first" mindset is dead and unless the NFL ever stops being so pass-happy or you don't have nearly the whole league working with RB committees that's probably not changing.