NFL 2023

Lineker

1 hour ago, Warhawk8492 said:

I am glad the Cowpies are out, I am thinking about the draft, maybe draft Drake Maye.

To who, the Commanders? He's probably going #2 unless someone at Washington really fancies Daniels more over him. The only other way I don't see him going to the Commanders is if there's a trade for that pick.

• Admin
1 hour ago, RazorsEdge said:

To who, the Commanders? He's probably going #2 unless someone at Washington really fancies Daniels more over him. The only other way I don't see him going to the Commanders is if there's a trade for that pick.

Washington to move up to first overall - Caleb really does not want to be a Bear!!

All bets are off for the Bucs and Lions. My dad always said don't bet on the Lions but never bet against them. I'm inclined to agree. I don't think Tampa Bay can pull it off, but they might have some momentum now, and this could easily turn into the Buccaneer revenge tour. They went further than I thought, so credit to the team, but damn. 

• Like 1

Playoffs have been falling in Detroits favor so far. 

Hoping we can beat the Bucs one more time, and can't believe I'd say this but hope for the Packers victory to continue our home field advantage. 

So this is what its like to actually still be relevant in January. I like it.

• Like 4

I fully expect a Bills collapse.  But if they're going to ever beat the Chiefs in the playoffs, this is the year for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

Playoffs have been falling in Detroits favor so far. 

Hoping we can beat the Bucs one more time, and can't believe I'd say this but hope for the Packers victory to continue our home field advantage. 

So this is what its like to actually still be relevant in January. I like it.

Bobby Layne has entered the chat

14 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I fully expect a Bills collapse.  But if they're going to ever beat the Chiefs in the playoffs, this is the year for sure.

Given the Bills history it would be expected that they finally slay the beast only to go on and lose the AFC Championship Game convincingly.

• Haha 2

I remember on the day of Game 7 of the 2016 World Series between the Cubs and Cleveland, some of the news stations were going around interviewing a bunch of 90+ year old fans of both teams who were just echoing the similar rally cry of "just win one before I die!" and even though it was meant to be an endearing story I came away from it feeling sad that hearts were gonna be broken on either side.  That's a looooooong time to watch a team without seeing the final payoff.

A Lions/Browns Super Bowl would've been the closest you could get to that in the NFL but Lions/Bills wouldn't be too far off.  Even still the very elderly fans of those teams would've been around for the pre-merger championships even though younger fans act like they don't count.

• Like 2

I'm really liking the NFC side because we get a classic GB/SF match-up, and of course, a NFC Central battle between former division rivals in Detroit and Tampa Bay. GB/Detroit would be a fun NFCCG, although I've been picking a SF/Baltimore SB for about a month now.

AFC I don't really see anyone beating the Ravens. I think Bills beat the Chiefs, though. KC's big weakness is handling adversity, they don't seem to handle it well when things aren't going well for them, and, while it's a big task to create that situation, in Buffalo, in January is about the best starting point you could have.

I may hate the Eagles, but they were screwed by the refs last night. I absolutely do not like to see games affected by bad officiating.

Edited by GhostMachine

5 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

I may hate the Eagles, but they were screwed by the refs last night. I absolutely do not like to see games affected by bad officiating.

Naw. The refs yes made several bad calls that cost us a 2 point conversion and handed the Bucs a TD instead of a FG, but the Eagles lost that game because they were by far the inferior team at each and every level of the game.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Ah yes the refs are the reason why the Eagles defense forgot how to tackle.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Szumi said:

Naw. The refs yes made several bad calls that cost us a 2 point conversion and handed the Bucs a TD instead of a FG, but the Eagles lost that game because they were by far the inferior team at each and every level of the game.

24 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Ah yes the refs are the reason why the Eagles defense forgot how to tackle.

I never said the refs are why they lost, just that the game was affected by bad officiating. 

And a few Steelers fans are whining about the officiating in their loss to the Bills. The Steelers just got outplayed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It'll be the Broncos.

The Bears will have a possibly juicy storyline to follow depending on what they do with the #1 pick but the Bears have never done the show despite having plenty of years where they were eligible for selection.  Similar to the Giants, Steelers and a few other teams - ownership runs deep enough connections with the league office where they're probably never going to get forced to do the show unless there truly is no other choice.

And the Broncos are a pretty obviously more interesting choice between them and the Saints as Payton is both a bigger name plus he has media experience and is probably more well-equipped to manage the show.  I think Payton's already hinted that he's expecting to get chosen.