NFL 2023

Lineker

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Calling it now, we get knocked out of the playoffs by a Belichick lead Falcons team.

1 hour ago, gunnar hendershow said:

I think Atlanta is pretty close, BB probably gets them to a 10-win playoff squad next year.

If Belichick isn't another Mike Shanahan, you might be correct.

Kliff Kingsbury is interviewing to become Bears' offensive coordinator.

That might answer questions about the Bears' draft plans right there.  Not that Kingsbury doesn't fit the profile of an OC that NFL teams would go for, but it's just tough to imagine hiring Caleb Williams' QB coach for that job this year of all years if you don't plan on selecting him.  The ripple effect of course means Fields gets traded with likely Maye going to Washington and Daniels to New England.

In this scenario I think if the Giants are gonna get a QB it'll be one of those deals where they trade back into the bottom of the 1st round and take whatever day 2 prospect Daboll thinks he can mold.

It's just really tough for me to imagine that Daboll and Schoen don't come out of this with a QB somewhat early in the draft.  Even if they really want to believe Daniel Jones can return healthy and get back to 2022 form, they have to know that entering the season with a QB room of Jones, DeVito, and Tyrod or another veteran backup is pretty much putting their jobs on the line.  If they at least draft an early round rookie there will be someone to turn to if the season goes poorly and there would be an understanding that they're molding him for 2025 and beyond.  There would be a plan.  If Jones actually IS the plan then they have to be comfortable with the idea that they might get canned and not get to pick a QB successor at all.

2 hours ago, Busch Wyatt said:

Kliff Kingsbury is interviewing to become Bears' offensive coordinator.

That might answer questions about the Bears' draft plans right there.  Not that Kingsbury doesn't fit the profile of an OC that NFL teams would go for, but it's just tough to imagine hiring Caleb Williams' QB coach for that job this year of all years if you don't plan on selecting him. 

They also interviewed Greg Roman, who would more likely be a Fields guy, so one of them is a sad smokescreen attempt for the other. 

https://brobible.com/sports/article/dallas-cowboys-cheerleader-claims-disrespect-packers-players/

Hopefully during the off season this is addressed so no teams cheerleaders ever have to worry about this happening again without a penalty being given. If it is unfair to do it with opposing players and coaches then should reasonably stand that cheerleaders should be off limits for the players to do it to as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoHitman Reigns said:

https://brobible.com/sports/article/dallas-cowboys-cheerleader-claims-disrespect-packers-players/

Hopefully during the off season this is addressed so no teams cheerleaders ever have to worry about this happening again without a penalty being given. If it is unfair to do it with opposing players and coaches then should reasonably stand that cheerleaders should be off limits for the players to do it to as well. 

This is a serious issue for any team but I'll also take any excuse to say Fuck the Packers! :angry:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Wind chill of 3 in Baltimore this evening.

I would say that this greatly favors the Ravens because the Texans play in domes, but honestly, the Ravens also haven't played in frosty conditions all year.

3 minutes ago, JasonM said:

I would say that this greatly favors the Ravens because the Texans play in domes, but honestly, the Ravens also haven't played in frosty conditions all year.

Yeah the Ravens seldom play in frigid temps. Maybe a late season road trip but generally home games are mild unless they play in late December or January.

The wind is a bit of an x factor since Houston is terrible against the pass but great against the run, and it's somewhat reversed for the Ravens. But that said, Houston's entire identity is having Stroud throw it a ton. The passing attack teams have all struggled against this defense. Think it should be a game the Ravens win somewhat comfortably but with the wind you just don't know if there will be an impact on kicking or deep passes.

I gotta admit, I was worried after the first half ended 10-10, Texans might be the first team that managed to sack Lamar three times this year. Honestly, hats off to them for staying in it, because I felt the coverage was flaky at times, and the Texans pass block did a phenomenal job in giving Stroud all the time in the world to get his passes off.

But Lamar turned it on, that first TD by Jackson after the half pretty much sent the Texans into a downward spiral, and they never recovered whilst the Ravens defense turned it up and stepped up when they needed to. It felt like a 12 round boxing match, where the first six rounds were spent trying to condition the Texans, then the Ravens proceeded to bring all the nasty RPO, options and designated QB runs to completely mess them up.

I think if the Texans can get more disciplined on offense (11 penalties killed them down the stretch) and give Stroud a few more weapons on offense, they will become title contenders.

• Like 2