NFL 2023

Lineker

1 minute ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Shawn Smith your ref for the AFC Championship Game. The ref whose crew most overwhelmingly favors road teams. Good work NFL stoking the conspiracy flames.

To be fair, that's more Warren Sharp than it is the NFL. I'm sure it was an accident and not at all on purpose to generate clicks.

Good thread about it here:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Dan Campbell? 

He's a good shout. I know he was an AHC but at least recently that hasn't been a bridge to HC and more a way to task a really skilled positional coach with a lot of the bigger team-wide tasks.

Definitely was not in any of the "top HC candidates" lists in 2021.

Bill Simmons was all over this on his Sunday podcast.

Belichick probably still wants to have a huge say in personnel if not be the GM outright.  GMs don’t want to hire a guy who will both undercut their jobs AND put them in a spot where they’ll get fired if there aren’t instant results.

You hire a less heralded coach you can have more control over and pitch the owner on a multi-year plan.  These guys care about job security a lot more than they care about winning games.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

oh my god that’s bad.  I would have understood if it was Ben Johnson or Bobby Slowik but to lead your fans into think they might get Bill Belichick and then you end up with Raheem Morris is just cruel.

25 minutes ago, Krabby said:

Would Belichick take a DC job for a year???

I highly doubt it.  Even if he was interested, bringing in a coach with that level of gravitas means the head coach is gonna feel like he’s on the hot seat.

For that reason I don’t see the Giants pursuing him for their DC opening even though he apparently does have a reverence for the franchise.  If the Giants suck next year he’d probably be in play for the job in 2025.