2024 NFL Off-Season thread

Lineker

The Giants schedule seems to have leaked.  Playing the Vikings week 1 which is surely going to cause some overreaction narratives depending on what happens.  If JJ McCarthy lights them up while Jones sucks half the fans who were like "thank god we passed on JJ" are going to do an instant about-face.

Weirdly both Dallas games are on a Thursday - hosting Dallas on a Thursday night and then later going to Dallas on Thanksgiving afternoon.  Not really happy that the Giants will once again get massacred by them on national TV twice but oh well.

Carolina and Atlanta were two road games I was targeting if I wanted a fairly cheap trip to see a road game, the Carolina game is in Germany and Atlanta game is the week of Christmas where flights are crazy expensive so yeah, that's out.  Maybe next year.

Jesus Christ.  I do have Netflix and a lot of people have Netflix but that's not really the point here.  They're just making it harder and more expensive for people to watch football and eventually there will come a time where fans of a team say, meh, guess I'll just skip this one.

I'm having issues with Netflix, anyway: Freezes while watching sometimes. Sometimes it runs really slow while scrolling or while adding to my list or setting a reminder. Do not have those issues with other streaming services.

7 hours ago, The Lusophone said:

Not a chargers fan, but the best schedule release video by far.

The fact that they used the Sims 2 instead of Sims 4 is just awesome. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, The Buscher said:

Giants unveiled their Century Red jersey they'll wear twice this year.

f9e9d65c.jpg

Pretty gaudy but given it's their 100th year I don't mind the nod to history.  But I don't have much interest in seeing them return for 2025.

I honestly appreciate that they're trying to do something unique and feel like more teams should be attempting it. I also think they'd look much better with blue pants as the khaki really sticks out like a sore thumb. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LL! said:

I honestly appreciate that they're trying to do something unique and feel like more teams should be attempting it. I also think they'd look much better with blue pants as the khaki really sticks out like a sore thumb. 

I understand the khaki because it's the color their pants were at the beginning - also despite the team being called Big Blue by the fans, red was actually the main Giants color for the first three decades.

Blue pants in 2025 would work for me if they were going to keep a modern variation of this around.

1 hour ago, The Buscher said:

Giants unveiled their Century Red jersey they'll wear twice this year.

f9e9d65c.jpg

Pretty gaudy but given it's their 100th year I don't mind the nod to history.  But I don't have much interest in seeing them return for 2025.

Someone in the organization REALLY wanted JJ McCarthy.

• Haha 1

Those are hideous.  They look worse then our 75th anniversary throwbacks did

AhNz8Cy.jpeg

I mean I legit thought whoever #13 is wasn't wearing pants at first

GNtCoVEXEAA43Ng-962x536.jpeg

9 hours ago, LL! said:

The New York Wolverines!

• Haha 1

The more I look at them the more I actually really like the jersey as a throwback redesign. The helmet and pants need to change though. Maybe a modernized classic GIANTS on the side of a solid blue helmet and the aforementioned blue pants. 

• Like 1