EA Sports NCAA Football

Szumi

8 hours ago, The Buscher said:

The good news:  the game is out July 19th

The bad news:  the description in the game store is entirely focused on Ultimate Team

So basically need to hope they hit Dynasty out of the park on the first try because they'll likely go the way of Madden and ignore it in favor of Ultimate Team in all future installments.  I hate EA.

Won't happen, but what would be cool is if you could create a player in NCAA, play his college carrer, then transfer him over to Madden and continue through the NFL.

Welcome to the Campus Huddle, your home for news on EA SPORTS™ College Football 25 for PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S. Today, we have information on features and modes, straight from our development team. There will be even more in-depth content during the summer, as we prepare for worldwide launch on 7/19!  

However, you have waited long enough, here is the first look at EA SPORTS™ College Football 25.

In EA SPORTS™ College Football 25, you’ll experience explosive gameplay with CampusIQ™ across 134 schools. For the first time ever, athletes like Quinn Ewers, Donovan Edwards, and Travis Hunter are in the game thanks to a groundbreaking NIL deal in collegiate sports. Saturday will never be the same as you immerse yourself in the iconic atmospheres of college football and etch your own college legacy. Let’s dive into all the features, modes, presentation, and more coming when the game releases worldwide on 7/19, starting with gameplay.

CampusIQ™

Immerse yourself in authentic, fast-paced, college football gameplay with CampusIQ™, a suite of features built to deliver wide open, fast paced and uniquely college football gameplay. Test your strategic decision-making with an all-new composure system, player Wear & Tear, screen-shaking homefield advantages, and dozens of diverse playstyles across 134 FBS teams.

• Wide Open, Fast Paced Gameplay
    Powered by a wide range of player ratings that fluctuate throughout a game, team tiers, and new in-game passing mechanics, EA SPORTS™ College Football 25 delivers strategic, fast-paced gameplay reflecting the true depth of college football.
  • Wear & Tear
    With the new Wear & Tear system, as the hits add up, players wear down. Manage your players’ health, limit fatigue, assess risk of injury, and avoid on-field mistakes by using strategic substitutions to ensure your players are at their best with it counts the most.
  • Pre-Snap Recognition
    Pre-Snap Recognition makes the decision behind every snap matter more. Do you trust in your high-skill seniors, or take a risk with your untested freshman? Read the game then read your players to make the right decision when it matters most.
  • Homefield Advantage
    Game-altering homefield advantages rattle your rivals in college football's toughest places to play. Test your squad’s road game composure and confidence levels as you play through distractions like screen shaking, missing pre-play icons, and moving play art.
ICONIC ATMOSPHERES

From The Big House to The Swamp. From Tuscaloosa to College Station. Experience the decibel-shaking soundscape of college football putting you inside the stadium, alongside all the iconic rituals and traditions that make you feel right at home.

• Pageantry & Traditions
    Revel in the storied traditions, sights and sounds that electrify college football stadiums every Saturday. With unique team run-outs, rivalry rituals, synchronized crowd-chants, loudness meters as well as real game-day audio, fight songs and, of course, mascots, it’ll feel like home everywhere you look.
  • Commentary & Broadcast
    Listen to the iconic voices of Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit as they call marquee matchups, while Rece Davis, Jesse Palmer, and David Pollack take the mic for all your other games. Take in the sights and sounds around the stadium between plays with a dynamic picture-in-picture play-call system.

GAME MODES

Set a new standard for college football greatness in classic modes like Dynasty and Road To Glory. Recruit a winning roster, develop a coaching staff, and lead your program to the Natty as a created coach, or balance student-athlete life and take home the Heisman as a player.

• Dynasty
    Create a coach, take control, upgrade their abilities and build a powerhouse college football program. Establish your coaching staff, then work to recruit the best talent either straight from high school or direct from the transfer portal. Take your team to the next level in Online Dynasty, where up to 32 players can compete against each other on and off the field.
  • Road To Glory
    Live the life of a student-athlete with your created player and take home the Heisman as you build an unforgettable college football legacy. Manage your weekly schedule, GPA and your image, earn Coach Trust to get more playing time, or use the transfer portal to get the time and the glory you deserve.
  • College Football Ultimate Team
    Build your dream team of college football stars and legends. Play Solo Challenges or H2H Seasons to upgrade your squad and take on the toughest contests. Test your skills across consoles in more competitive formats like College Football Ultimate Team™ Champs and Champs Gauntlet.
  • Road To The College Football Playoff
    Experience a new way to play competitively across consoles, in the Road to the College Football Playoff. Will you represent your university, or take a power school to climb the polls? Earn rank by upsetting the toughest opponents and securing the votes you need to progress and level up divisions. Stack wins to earn your chance at making the playoffs and take home the National Championship.
TEAM BUILDER    

Create your own college football program with customization tools on the Team Builder website*. Design uniforms, helmets, fields, and upload your own logo. You can then upload your program to use in Play Now and Dynasty. Check out the download center to browse teams created by the entire community. You can learn more about Team Builder later this Summer.

*Team Builder content can be used in offline Play Now and private Dynasty modes. Internet connection & EA account required. Applicable platform account may be required. Age restrictions may apply.

---

Make sure to check out everything you need to know about pre-order for College Football 25. Stay tuned to the Campus Huddle as we will be back with in-depth deep dives on gameplay and your favorite modes leading up to launch on July 19th!

TEAM BUILDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Won't happen, but what would be cool is if you could create a player in NCAA, play his college carrer, then transfer him over to Madden and continue through the NFL.

You could do this on the old games, right? Pull through an entire draft class?

• Like 1

On 17/05/2024 at 13:21, Twist said:

You could do this on the old games, right? Pull through an entire draft class?

Yea, but I think he's talking about the mode where you created a single character, then played him all through college.  Having to earn your playing spot, doing classes etc..

I don't think there was the ability to play as that character again in Madden.  It was just "import his draft class and hope you can draft him in Franchise Mode"

10 hours ago, Lint said:

Yea, but I think he's talking about the mode where you created a single character, then played him all through college.  Having to earn your playing spot, doing classes etc..

I don't think there was the ability to play as that character again in Madden.  It was just "import his draft class and hope you can draft him in Franchise Mode"

At one point that was a feature in Madden. You import your campus legend and play superstar mode with him. (Campus Legend was far superior as a game mode than superstar in my opinion) I want to say it was mid-00s when you could do that. I doubt that’ll be a thing now in madden since it would just meld into franchise. 

Being able to import draft classes from NCAA to Madden was always a cool feature in theory but in practice it never actually worked.  Just about every player in every outgoing class was a 95+ OVR in NCAA which makes sense considering almost every NFL player was one of the best players on their college team, but when these classes get moved to Madden the rookies were either super overpowered or they just nerfed everyone so there was no variation.  Projected 1st rounders were an 80 OVR, projected 2nd rounders were a 75 OVR etc and nobody actually played like their real life counterparts.  Plus they only imported a small number of players relative to the class size so you’d see big names get dropped out.

Modern Madden draft classes are like 400-450 players so in theory if they bring back class importing every big name should be there but it remains to be seen if stats will be “randomized” like an in-game draft class or if it’ll be half-assed.  It would be game breaking if every rookie QB came into the league amazing, etc.

The good news is you can edit draft classes on your own but if that means you have to set your own superstar/surprise late round breakouts, set up who the busts are etc and if you know all of this it takes the fun out of the scouting.

Well turns out that's a non-issue.  Exporting draft classes is not in the game.  Reason likely being that the game includes real players and, therefore, EA can't have any official mechanism to have them added to Madden since they're not in the union.  It's possible someone will eventually find a way to pull a database of your own "draft class" and convert it into a Madden file to import it yourself but there'd have to be a lot of manual work involved.  Oh well.

Dynasty mode is 30 years in length, the transfer portal is in as is the ability to hire and fire offensive and defensive coordinators.

Bunch of info starting to drop now

Brand Exposure (aka NIL) has replaced TV Exposure as a Dynasty recruiting category so no fear of pay-to-win recruiting in Dynasty.

Really only a couple of things that are downers, A lot of the news sounds really godamn good.

Yeah the news is overwhelmingly positive.  I can't wait to sink my teeth into Dynasty.  Sounds like it's pretty much spot on.  Love what I saw that rather than cut players it's replaced with "encourage them to transfer".  Aka you effectively cut them but they'll end up on another roster instead of a decent player just dropping out of the game entirely.

Road to Glory starting you on a college team makes me a little sad as playing in high school and getting recruited was part of the appeal but not a big deal.  Dynasty is the bread and butter mode and it sounds like they really went to great lengths to make the experience as authentic as they could.

I love seeing people wait 11 years for a new edition of the game, finally get a brand new one, built from the ground up for new consoles, and now they bitch because some tiny thing like playing a season in high school isn't available in Road to Glory this year.  People can't wrap their head around the idea that a brand new, from scratch version of the game isn't going to have every single feature, no matter how minor, from NCAA 14 in its first version...despite that being EA's M.O. whenever they move a yearly release onto a new console.  All that stuff will be in next year, now that the new foundation for the game has been set.

Anyways, getting our first deep dive video for gameplay tomorrow.

15 Hours for the Gameplay Deep Dive.

Thumbnail showing what appears to be 2k-inspired tiered traits?

6 hours ago, The Buscher said:

Yeah the news is overwhelmingly positive.  I can't wait to sink my teeth into Dynasty.  Sounds like it's pretty much spot on.  Love what I saw that rather than cut players it's replaced with "encourage them to transfer".  Aka you effectively cut them but they'll end up on another roster instead of a decent player just dropping out of the game entirely.

Road to Glory starting you on a college team makes me a little sad as playing in high school and getting recruited was part of the appeal but not a big deal.  Dynasty is the bread and butter mode and it sounds like they really went to great lengths to make the experience as authentic as they could.

Yeah it's a little bit sad but the way I see it is that we've basically gone back to how RTG was in the mid 00s (No HS then either) but with upgrades elsewhere so a net positive I think.

We got HS Playoffs to start RTG's from 2011 from memory and I can't imagine it won't be too far down the line before it comes back either.

‘EA Sports College Football 25’ Early Gameplay Review

Deeper dives

Everything We Know About Dynasty Mode In ‘EA Sports College Football 25’

Notable:

NIL

There is not NIL in Dynasty mode, and they have a pretty good reason for that. When developing the game, NIL was done by the collectives and wasn’t (legally) something coaches and the schools controlled. Beyond that, given how quickly things have changed with NIL, they didn’t want to put something in the game that was outdated as quickly as it was built – that point got enforced when the NCAA settlement to allow schools to pay players came down a few hours after our presentation.

So, in the future, NIL will likely make its way in once that’s something schools do, but for the first year it will not and the reasoning is solid. Also, I was told not to expect there to ever be a way to commit financial crimes or do grimy stuff in the game, as it’s a rated E game and they’re not changing that, plus the schools they partner with won’t want to that element involved.

Everything We Know About Road To Glory Mode In ‘EA Sports College Football 25’

Exporting To Madden

Something that will be exciting to fans that get both College Football and Madden is that you’ll be able to export your Road to Glory player to Superstar mode in Madden. That means you have the opportunity to go from recruit to NFL legend across the two games, and could spend 20 years with your RTG player, instead of just four.

The Commentators And Songs That Will Be In ‘EA Sports College Football 25’