The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

So I was pretty much COD God tonight. Tell 'em Ruki.

It's true, Apsham pretty good. As was I. More often than not we lead our team in kills......although I did die a fuckload more.....and we lost the majority of the matches....

I suck at COD. The G3 assault rifle sucks in COD. ApSham spawning behind me and killing me while I empty an entire clip at him sucks.

So I was pretty much COD God tonight. Tell 'em Ruki.

It's true, Apsham pretty good. As was I. More often than not we lead our team in kills......although I did die a fuckload more.....and we lost the majority of the matches....

It's not our fault the other team had ringers.

And it's true, Kaney sucks... when he is using the G3.

Nothing is more infuriating than watching my girlfriend play online multiplayer COD4. I thought nothing could top the sheer aggravation of watching her play the story missions on Veteran ("have to get those achievements!"), what with turning round the same corner to get killed in very similar ways 70 times in a row. No, multiplayer is worse, because then I have to watch her suddenly catch sight of an enemy, completely fail to point the gun AT him, and let off half a clip into the floor before the guy (in a calm, controlled fashion, as shown by the ensuing replay) shoots her in the face. Time and time again.

Oh I'm just as shit, but it's something about watching someone else suck so badly that makes me feel a lot more like taking a sledgehammer to the nearby furniture.

Edited by stokeriño

JUst a question, do the majority of 360 owners actually care about acheivment points? I mean I think they are cool for something else to do and get rewarded for it, and they make certain games have a point (Dead Rising). But lately a friend of mine is replaying every game he has to try and max out his points, do other people do this? I personally don't care about points, I might try for hard acheivments to say I did it (Saint in Dead Rising) or for fun.

....they are addictive. Not sure why. In Bully I kissed a guy over and over to get the achievement....picked 50 flowers for the achievement...

If it's something I know I can do with a bit of work, I'll do it. Unless it's item collecting (grab 48394783 number of x)....fuck that shit.

I think they're a good thing. Your friend could go out and spend money on a new game but he's saving that money by getting some more life out of his old games.

Yeah, all they do for me is extend the life of a game or make me try something I wouldn't normally do. I wouldn't normally give a damn about Go-Kart Races in Bully, but once I did them, I actually had fun with them. Some achievements are really dumb - like Guitar Hero making you play through easy, medium, hard and expert while in a game like Rock Band, playing on Expert would unlock achievements for hard, medium and easy.

JUst a question, do the majority of 360 owners actually care about acheivment points? I mean I think they are cool for something else to do and get rewarded for it, and they make certain games have a point (Dead Rising). But lately a friend of mine is replaying every game he has to try and max out his points, do other people do this? I personally don't care about points, I might try for hard acheivments to say I did it (Saint in Dead Rising) or for fun.

I like them, as others have said they add replay value when sometimes you might have just stopped playing after the main game. I like the challenge of getting 1000/1000 but I wouldn't even think about trying it for all of them, the only ones I've gotten are where I really enjoyed the game and the achievements complemented that. Things like getting 100 kills with the Boomshot in Gears, or winning ten matches of one kind with six other people every time in Vegas, or Smackdowns ridiculous ranked-in-a-row type ones are bullshit, to me they take away from the experience of playing the game, since you're going out of your way to play with one exaggerated style rather than simply playing for fun. Mostly I don't bother with online achievements, but they're still a good thing.

In Bully I kissed a guy over and over to get the achievement

Yeah...that was a little bit soul destroying >_>

In Bully I kissed a guy over and over to get the achievement

Yeah...that was a little bit soul destroying >_>

I had to mute the sound.

I had to get the lube. :pervert:

It's funny how so many people get weirded out by that achievement. I've seen it on a lot of boards... it's especially funny since I'm sure half of them went through a box of tissues by getting their girl Commander Shepherd to fuck the alien chick for 0.5 seconds in Mass Effect.