The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I was a bit disappointed with the ending of Horizon: Zero Dawn:

Spoiler

When HADES reactivated all the machines to wipe out life on earth once more I was expecting a catastrophe of epic proportions. But what I got was just a few Deathbringers popping out of the ground.  The same with the final boss fight. I was expecting to finally see one of these Metal Devils in action but what I got was just a slightly overpowered Deathbringer. Judging by the post-credit scene we have to wait for the sequel to finally see a Metal Devil in action.

And I find it a bit hard to believe that Elisbet Sobeck somehow managed to make her way back to her home with the swarms of deadly machines all over the place.

And fuck Ted Faro.  Why the hell does he get to stay at Gaia Prime with all the other scientists? From what we heard and read in the dataports he is in waaaaaay over his head and can't contribute anything to Gaia. Plus he is the one responsible for the extinction of life on earth! So why is he allowed to be there and mess things up again in the end? 

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 1

More information will be revealed tomorrow (or today, depending on your timezone) at PSX. Hopefully, it will be clearer what the actual game is, but, for now, it's looking wonderfully imaginative. Media Molecule make some really nice games, so this is potentially very much on my radar.

I adore Medievil, but would have preferred a whole new game in the same spirit as the original than an HD remake. Making it HD will look pretty, but a lot of PS1 HD remakes don't do anything to fix the (relatively) janky controls and camerawork that was rife at the time due to developers still getting to grips with how you make a fully 3D game.

• Like 3

On 11/12/2017 at 09:10, Little Skummer Boy said:

I adore Medievil, but would have preferred a whole new game in the same spirit as the original than an HD remake. Making it HD will look pretty, but a lot of PS1 HD remakes don't do anything to fix the (relatively) janky controls and camerawork that was rife at the time due to developers still getting to grips with how you make a fully 3D game.

Seriously, going back to some games is just awful now. "Tank" controls in particular are just horrific.

• Like 2

I hate tank controls, even though I put up with them during the PS1 era. People praise them for making games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill scarier, which might be true when you're faced with an enemy, but it doesn't make up for the frustration of having to move around the rest of the time.

Yakuza 0 and the dancing mini game for the substories is so frustrating. Trying to be Ogita and I just can't do it cause he'll pull off stupid scores.