The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Does Dead by Daylight feature kills the same way as Friday the 13th? Someone told me that you don't actually get to go through the action of murdering your victims in DBD, that you just catch them and then they go to a place where they try to fight to escape or die.

32 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Does Dead by Daylight feature kills the same way as Friday the 13th? Someone told me that you don't actually get to go through the action of murdering your victims in DBD, that you just catch them and then they go to a place where they try to fight to escape or die.

You'll carry your victim to a nearby hook, all while they try to struggle to escape or have teammates assist them by slowing you down.  When they're on the hook, they can either stay there and let their life drain slowly (giving teammates a chance to reach them) or struggle for a chance to break free before their life quickly depletes.

So you're not actively killing your victims, necessarily...more like sacrificing them to whatever spider monster takes them off of their hook when they die.  The real allure of DbD is more trapping your victims or toying with them before capturing them.

• Like 1

On 14/08/2018 at 10:08, Toe said:

I've been playing Mafia 3. I'm probably 3 hours or so in, and I really don't know if I like it or not. The setting is really cool and I like the gameplay, but the missions you are given don't seem very original or fun. Does it get better?

On 14/08/2018 at 16:36, New Damage said:

I downloaded Mafia 3 too, and I wouldn't say I'm quite 3hrs in (I've just "celebrated" robbing the money), and I agree, I love the setting and music etc., but I'm finding the cars to be a little heavy for my liking. It seems like Rockstar really are the masters of perfecting everything in an open world game; the cars handle how you expect them and combat is easy to follow, whereas on Mafia the cars are heavy, and on Just Cause 3 they're far too twitchy. Also, the "open world" aspect of Mafia doesn't seem as intuitive; for example, you finish a "mission" but it's not clear you have (eg. you brother being in the car and you have to take him home), or you finish it and it's automatically marked the location of the next on the map and set you up with waypoints to it... what if I want to just drive around?

I'll definitely stick it out though.

In other news, Red Dead 2 looks so good my pants just fell down. I've had it preordered since Jan 2017, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. Furhtermore, I just preordered the new Spider-Man, so with that for release on Sept. 7th and RDR out at the end of October, I should be just about finished with Spider-Man before RDR comes out.

I played through Mafia 3 shortly after it came out and didn't play any of the DLC.  While I loved the characters, story and music, the gameplay itself was rather....blah.  I could deal with the heavy feeling cars, to try and make them feel more "realistic"...the cars in GTA tend to handle more arcade-y.  Basically GTA cars=Need For Speed, Mafia 3 cars=Grand Turismo (not exactly but you get it).  

The big thing is unlocking the silenced pistol is basically game breaking.  In games its an option, I always tend to use stealth over direct combat.  Once you get the silenced pistol, stealth gameplay is basically God mode.

The other problem I had with it is kinda the setting.  It takes place in the "real world".  JFK assassination, Vietnam etc.  And thats all fine!  But then why set it in a fictional city like New Bourdeaux, LA instead of New Orleans?

September's Playstation Plus offerings contain some big names:

• Like 1

Well shit. That's a good bunch of games. I was hoping they'd be shit cos I'll be busy with Spiderman and I've no even finished God of War yet :(