The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

15 hours ago, michgcs said:

Nice, mine just turned two a few months ago and keeps wanting to play with it despite not knowing how to LOL

You got a Wii? 

8 hours ago, michgcs said:

Yup but it's not set up ATM. That's a good idea maybe we can have him play it 🤔

Controllers suck for small kids. Wii motes rule. My 3 year old can play Wii. My 5 and 7 year old can play Switch games. 

4 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

And three-year-olds don't care about graphical improvements.

My kids actually dislike them..

• Like 1

I've watched a lot of people stream Tetris 99. You wouldn't think it would be that fun to watch, but by golly, it is. And in the little community of streamers that I watch, the running joke is that everyone's won at least one game of T99, except for Big Brother 10 winner Dan Gheesling. He's constantly on the search for the ever-elusive Tetris 99 win.

Got a Switch a couple of weeks ago with Zelda: BotW and Fire Emblem: Three Heroes.

So far I've found Breath of the Wild incredibly disappointing. I've never been much of a Zelda fan and I think this has closed the door on the franchise for me. It feels like Ubisoft made a Zelda game with the repetitiveness of all the towers and puzzle caves.

I've not really been able to get into Fire Emblem yet but I seem to keep getting interrupted whenever I start playing it.

On 30/09/2019 at 13:07, Ollie said:

Just finished Link's Awakening. I'll be damned if that's not a near perfect game.

How long would you say the game is? Interested in getting it but I've got so much stuff already to do on my PS4 and on the Switch

10 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

How long would you say the game is? Interested in getting it but I've got so much stuff already to do on my PS4 and on the Switch

All depends how familiar you are with the original. For me, going in blind having never played the original it took about 20-25 hours. If you played the original and know where you're going then it's probably half of that, because a lot of my time was spent figuring stuff out.

It's definitely worth it though, easily one of my games of the year so far.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 15:00, Ollie said:

All depends how familiar you are with the original. For me, going in blind having never played the original it took about 20-25 hours. If you played the original and know where you're going then it's probably half of that, because a lot of my time was spent figuring stuff out.

It's definitely worth it though, easily one of my games of the year so far.

Forgot to say that Heather got me it for my birthday and I absolutely fell in love with it. I never played the original but just lost a few hours in playing it so glad for the recommendation 👍

• Like 1