The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

2 hours ago, Dang117 said:

I will be looking at purchasing a Switch in the upcoming months. Is there any must buys that you would recommend getting.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses is my favourite game of the year, so I can't not recommend that. Super Mario Odyssey is a lot of fun too, and you've also got the other usual Nintendo goodies, like Mario Kart and Smash Bros. Breath of the Wild, though a game that annoyed me a few too many times with some needlessly restrictive mechanics, has a lot to offer as well.

I bought Mario Maker for my 3DS and I suck. I swear I used to be good at these games.

On 1/10/2020 at 11:45 AM, RPS said:

Kirby Star Allies or Yoshi's Wooly World - which is the better bang for my buck to play with my kids. 

Are you asking about Yoshi’s Crafted World? My 4 year old absolutely lived it and when we beat it he went from celebrating to crying when he realized it was over 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iDOL said:

Are you asking about Yoshi’s Crafted World? My 4 year old absolutely lived it and when we beat it he went from celebrating to crying when he realized it was over 😂

Yeah Crafted World. 

Fire Emblem, noted horribly underrepresented franchise in Smash.

Been getting some use out of the Wii again as my son likes the motion controls and is obsessed with Wii bowling. I started messing around with a Super Mario Galaxy 2 after he went to bed, and damn - what a fun game.  Wouldn’t mind seeing both Galaxies remastered for the Switch.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, iDOL said:

Been getting some use out of the Wii again as my son likes the motion controls and is obsessed with Wii bowling. I started messing around with a Super Mario Galaxy 2 after he went to bed, and damn - what a fun game.  Wouldn’t mind seeing both Galaxies remastered for the Switch.

Hot take - the Wii is probably the second best Nintendo console behind the SNES. 

• Like 1