The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

This game is really amazing with social media and a lot of friends who also play. I've been to a couple people's towns and already gotten all of the other fruits planted, just waiting on them to grow. Being able to swap furniture whenever we want is amazing. And since everyone's cooped up at home people are available a lot of the time. Perfect game for the moment I guess even if The Moment sucks ass.

• Like 3

Yeah, tons of fun. Bought a physical copy for my wife on amazon, but was sent an alert saying to expect delays. So I bought Animal Crossing Digitally for her launch morning and low and behold the physical comes a few hours later. So I kept it for myself and we have both been putting in the hours. Such a relaxing time killer.

my Switch is showing 7+ hours to download this game. I left it on Sleep Mode overnight to try and do it, and connection dropped at 90%+ and had to start over. 😢

18 hours ago, Sousa said:

This game is really amazing with social media and a lot of friends who also play. I've been to a couple people's towns and already gotten all of the other fruits planted, just waiting on them to grow. Being able to swap furniture whenever we want is amazing. And since everyone's cooped up at home people are available a lot of the time. Perfect game for the moment I guess even if The Moment sucks ass.

How many different fruits is there? I've got peaches native to my island and I got cherries of a friend. Went to get coconuts of another but they had been harvested

Cherries, peaches, apples, oranges, and pears are the five native fruits, and from islands you can also get coconuts, which is the sixth one.

I think all of mine are coming into bloom tomorrow but I don't really have extras to share at the moment. :(

12 minutes ago, Sousa said:

Cherries, peaches, apples, oranges, and pears are the five native fruits, and from islands you can also get coconuts, which is the sixth one.

I think all of mine are coming into bloom tomorrow but I don't really have extras to share at the moment. :(

Typical corona-hoarding. I thought better of you than that.

I've got all the fruit, just waiting for a lot of it to grow so once it's ready I'm happy to trade and share :)

SW 0450 3778 1706 is my friend code if anyone wants to add me 

2 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

I've got all the fruit, just waiting for a lot of it to grow so once it's ready I'm happy to trade and share :)

SW 0450 3778 1706 is my friend code if anyone wants to add me 

You don't need to whisper.

So, because there was a cheapish digital copy going, I have Animal Crossing downloading right now. I blame the Twitter hype, even if the prospect of tarantula islands put me off slightly. Never played an AC before so this will be interesting!

Having said that, I do have a copy of Amiibo Festival because it was really cheap at one point. Does that get me anything here?

On 26/03/2020 at 16:59, King Ellis said:

So, because there was a cheapish digital copy going, I have Animal Crossing downloading right now. I blame the Twitter hype, even if the prospect of tarantula islands put me off slightly. Never played an AC before so this will be interesting!

Having said that, I do have a copy of Amiibo Festival because it was really cheap at one point. Does that get me anything here?

I got Amiibo Festival so I can confirm you can use the amiibos and the cards that came with it when you get the campsite, which will come right after you get the town hall in a few days. You can also use the amiibo stuff at Harv's to take pictures, and once you've scanned them you can buy posters with the characters to put in your house, even if the characters aren't in the game.

I have a stupid amount of AC amiibo because a Five Below near me had a huge stock of them for dirt cheap. So I've got Tom Nook, Kapp'n, Resetti, Isabelle, Digby, KK Slider, Reese, and Cyrus. Only three of these people are actually in New Horizons.

• Thanks 1