Beijing Olympics 2008

Guest Mr. Potato Head

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

las%20del%20uni%20020.jpg

Not the most flattering of pics to really back up your cause. :shifty:

EDIT: Not when it's a red X anyway >_> - Either way, I don't like her.

What do you expect from their headshots on the Olympic website? Franco is a model, so you can see some cheesecake shots of her through Google. The rest are just women who look really good playing sports which is the only reason to watch USA Softball since we win every game by the mercy rule. And everyone knows that most of the volleyball players are great from the neck down, I just highlighted a couple who are nice to look at from the front too.

Franco was the hottest chick at the opening ceremony.

ept_sports_oly_experts-591227254-1218466455.jpg?ymYae1_C685ODg3GLeryn_Franco_191.jpgleryn-franco.jpg

Edited by naiwf

Men's 110m hurdles:

China's Liu Xiang was forced to withdraw from the qualifying heats due to injury. He was widely expected to contend for the gold medal he won in Athens in '04.

Liu's withdrawal casts a huge shadow on China's Olympic quest. He was pretty much pegged as their go-to guy to win gold in track and field.

Men's 110m hurdles:

China's Liu Xiang was forced to withdraw from the qualifying heats due to injury. He was widely expected to contend for the gold medal he won in Athens in '04.

Liu's withdrawal casts a huge shadow on China's Olympic quest. He was pretty much pegged as their go-to guy to win gold in track and field.

I'm sure they'll get through with their other 6023 medals. I was hoping to stay awake for the Xiang heat as the rumours were flying around. But my efforts to stay awake all night (my body clock is out and I had to get up now to go and buy some football tickets!) but my bid fell at around half 5. I think I vaguely saw Idowu getting through after keeping myself awake for the Triathlon. Did anyone else see it? Snowsill walked it in the end, was fun watching with Steve Bennett on commentary and his wife running in the race for another country.

UK'ers..."Olympic Breakfast" when they cut occasionally to the world news roundup...I love how all 'real' newsreaders are on holiday or something, as Ellie from Newsround was doing the news this morning. :wub:

More cycling for Zaz:

I have NO IDEA how they managed it but the British 4km pursuit team have just taken THREE seconds off their world record time which was already a bit ridiculous and thumped the Danish team buy 6.7 seconds in the final...Which is massive.

Wiggins gets his second gold of the games. Nice.

4x100m Medley

So... predictions as to who's carrying America's flag at the closing ceremony? :shifty:

I doubt he'll still be around Beijing. He's got to starting training for London you know!

That being said...

Michael Phucking Phelps! You want history accomplished, get a Michigan man to do the job.

AmericaMichael Phelps, FUCK YEAH!

.. Phelps is from Maryland.

And he is simply a fucking beast. I doubt anyone else will ever come close to 8 Gold Medals in an Olympics.

Phelps attended, trains and at one time was an assitant swimming coach at the University of Michigan.

UK'ers..."Olympic Breakfast" when they cut occasionally to the world news roundup...I love how all 'real' newsreaders are on holiday or something, as Ellie from Newsround was doing the news this morning. :wub:

Haha, I thought that was pretty funny.

And that she is pretty pretty :wub:

Men's 110m hurdles:

I'm sure they'll get through with their other 6023 medals. I was hoping to stay awake for the Xiang heat as the rumours were flying around. But my efforts to stay awake all night (my body clock is out and I had to get up now to go and buy some football tickets!) but my bid fell at around half 5. I think I vaguely saw Idowu getting through after keeping myself awake for the Triathlon. Did anyone else see it? Snowsill walked it in the end, was fun watching with Steve Bennett on commentary and his wife running in the race for another country.

They eventually will make the most they can with the rest of their athletes. But if Liu had been healthy and managed to win the event, it could've done for China what Cathy Freeman did for Australia, or what the US hockey team did for their country at Lake Placid. Still, the best laid plans of mice and men.

Guest tylinski
Great Britain will finish 4th in the medals table. 5th in the gold.

If they can even come close to repeating a cycling performance like they did in the world cup then we'll be alright.

Have faith in GB we aint doin that bad

Guest tylinski
Looking at a guide here, the opening ceremony is on from 12.45pm to 4.45pm presented by Clare Balding ( :/ ) and it says it's live. Now, my guess is that if the ceremony itself starts at 1.08pm my time, then they're 7 hours ahead, which isn't TOO bad, especially given the fact that I'm off work for the first week of it.

Late nights FTW!!

EDIT: Oh, and I also support some sort of spoiler tags used for at least 12 hours (is that too much/too little?) after an event has taken place.

good for u even better for me of 6 weeks straight

Great Britain will finish 4th in the medals table. 5th in the gold.

If they can even come close to repeating a cycling performance like they did in the world cup then we'll be alright.

Have faith in GB we aint doin that bad

I have no faith - despite making that post 2 days before the Games even started? And the last Olympics we finished 10th. Yet saying we'll finish 4th is not having faith?

...?

Guest tylinski
C'mon Team GB!

We'll need to win at least one gold to maintain our record as the only team to win at least one goal in every Olympics, ever.</gloat> :pervert:

lol :w00t: