Beijing Olympics 2008

Guest Mr. Potato Head

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

400m freestyle final: women

HUZZAH for Britain's first female swimming gold in 48 years!

Heh also the Japanese commentators go absolutely MENTAL when they win a gold medal. It's fantastic and really adds to the moment. Commentators at the Olympics should ALWAYS be horribly biased and patriotic.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

I'm stuck watching Judo here, still it could be worse - it could be baseball or greco roman wrestling or taekwando.

The 57kg Chinese female Judo-er/ist looks like a man with a flattop so I will continue my decision to cheer on ANYONE taking on the Chinese this year and am actually cheering for an Algerian athlete for the first time ever.

Bah she just got an Ippon with a Goldberg-like Spear. She's like an unsmiling Chinese Grace Jones and a terrifying glimpse of Chinese mass production.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

4X100 Mens Freestyle Relay and 400m freestyle final female...

First off that Mens Relay was one of the truly magical moments of the olympics so far. With the hold build up to the race and the race itself it was just amazing. And about the Female final, I feel so bad for Katie Hoff. The had to be just such a horrible feeling to have that huge lead only to run out of energy end up not getting the gold. Congrats to the Brits for finishing 1st, 3rd and congrats also to Katie Hoff for getting silver even though it might be tasting a little bitter right now.

In the gymnastics after a Chinese gymnast fell an Australian commentator said 'there is a small chink... (awkward five second pause as it sinks in what he just said) in their armour.'

Synchronised Diving spoilers

Man, some of these judges have to have been bribed or something in the diving. Some of the discrepancies between the scores are huge. Just then, the Russians had a shocker, with one of them way out of sync with the other, and three of the scores for execution were 4.5, 5.0 and 9.0!

Let's be honest, I'm the only one being forced to watch the Judo but still....Spoilers ahoy...

An Azerbaijani fighter just won by Ippon (the big and best way to win a fight which involved throwing your opponent onto their back) against a Korean fella within 13 seconds in the final! Fantastic!

Stupidly though the Chinese security refused to allow him to have a flag handed down to him for him to wave.

Lame.

Men's badminton:

This match between Nguyen (Vietnam) and Yu Sing (ROC/Chinese Taipei/Taiwan/whatever). I recommend anyone to tune in to watch that right now, some insane rallies and shots. Yu Sing is fucking amazing.

And about the men's tennis:

Murray got owned. He's doing doubles at the moment with his brother Jamie, against Canadian duo, Nestor and Niemeyer. Let's see if he can fail at this too.
Edited by The Kraig

Guest Mr. Potato Head
And about the men's tennis:

Murray got owned. He's doing doubles at the moment with his brother Jamie, against Canadian duo, Nestor and Niemeyer. Let's see if he can fail at this too.

Probably, since Nestor is some sort of doubles God. Big-tournament wins with two different partners (Mark Knowles and the Serbian guy), plus Olympic Gold with Sebastien Laureau.

Murray looked to struggle with the horrible conditions. Plus his opponent, Chinese Taipai at the Beijing Olympics. He's going to go all out.

This year seems a bit different, but mostly tennis players don't seem to care about the Olympics. Nicholas Massu won two gold medals for Christs' sake <_<