Beijing Olympics 2008

Guest Mr. Potato Head

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the brilliant descriptions there Zaz. I'm assuming some of them people were maybe.. Sastre or Sanchez (since Sanchez is better on the road), Cincalarra, Schleck/Schleck/Kirchen (saying Luxembourgian hardly narrows it down <_<) and the russian being maybe Denis Menchov?

Olympics need more MMA

Why? It's just another excuse for America to win 3 medals in one event.

Despite the fact that the medals would probably end up going to Russia or Brazil as much as they would America.

Edited by IAceI

Thanks for the brilliant descriptions there Zaz. I'm assuming some of them people were maybe.. Sastre or Sanchez (since Sanchez is better on the road), Cincalarra, Schleck/Schleck/Kirchen (saying Luxembourgian hardly narrows it down <_<) and the russian being maybe Denis Menchov?

Olympics need more MMA

Despite the fact that the medals would probably end up going to Russia or Brazil as much as they would America.

Spanish dude was Sanchez, Aussie was Morgan or something? Dunno.

I've just been watching some of the Badminton on Interactive...

GB related spoilers...

At the moment, GB are doing quite well. I caught the end of one match where a Brit went through, then Alan Smith (think it's Alan) just came from a game down to beat some Czech guy.

And the Women's GB Number 1 is beating a heavily backed lass from Hong Kong by a game to nil.

Yes, I'm crap with names when it comes to Badminton.

EDIT: And Tracey Hallam goes through. (H)

Edited by Baddar DING~!

Ooh, pretty big stack by a Russian bloke on the swingy things (>_>) in the gymnastics. Landed on the back of his neck, but he looks okay.

And a French dude just got a really good score despite botching the landing on the parallel bars. Shenanigans~

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Women's football

Canada turns heel and holds China to a 1-1 draw. Why do we have one of the best girls teams in the world when our men suck horribly?
Edited by Mr. Potato Head

Olympics need more MMA

Korea and maybe Japan would probably have something to say about that.

I've just been watching some of the Badminton on Interactive...

GB related spoilers...

At the moment, GB are doing quite well. I caught the end of one match where a Brit went through, then Alan Smith (think it's Alan) just came from a game down to beat some Czech guy.

And the Women's GB Number 1 is beating a heavily backed lass from Hong Kong by a game to nil.

Yes, I'm crap with names when it comes to Badminton.

EDIT: And Tracey Hallam goes through. (H)

I watched that too. Smith's a little dick, he almost inspired me to sign up for the next Olympics. Little bastard. Something about him I just hate. I'm 75% sure I could probably beat him.

And no, there's no spoilers here.

I'm super hyped for t'Lympics this time round. So much so, I bring you the uber-special Kats medal count board:

DAY ONE

Womens 10m Air Rifle: GOLD - Katerina Emmons, Czech Republic / SILVER - Lioubov Galkina, Russia / BRONZE - Snjezana Pejcic, Croatia

Womens 48kg Weightlifting: GOLD - Chen Xiexia, China / SILVER - Sibel Ozkan, Turkey / BRONZE - Chen Wei-Ling, Chinese Taipei

Men's 10m Air Rifle: GOLD - Pang Wei, China / SILVER - Jin Jong-Oh, S. Korea / BRONZE - Kim Jong-Su, N. Korea

Cycling Road Race: GOLD - Samuel Sanchez, Spain / SILVER - Davide Rebellin, Italy / BRONZE - Fabian Cancellara, Switzerland

Womens 48kg Judo: GOLD - Alina Dumitru, Romania / SILVER - Yanet Bermoy, Cuba / BRONZE - Ryoko Tani, Japan / BRONZE - Paula Paretto, Argentina

Men's 60kg Judo: GOLD - Choi Minho, S. Korea / SILVER - Ludwig Paischer, Austria / BRONZE - Rishod Sobirov, Uzbekistan / BRONZE - Ruben Houkes, Netherlands

Womens Individual Sabre: GOLD - Mariel Zagunis, USA / SILVER - Sada Jacobson, USA / BRONZE - Becca Ward, USA

Womens swimming (individual medley) spoiler

We won our first gold through Stephanie Rice in the individual medley. Yay, we're beating the Brits >_>

It seems a little odd that Rice has shaved about 12 seconds off of her time in this event in less than a year. I don't know how seriously to take some of these swimming records anymore when people can destroy existing records by a second or two, when people used to break WR's by tenths or hundreths.

Womens swimming (individual medley) spoiler

We won our first gold through Stephanie Rice in the individual medley. Yay, we're beating the Brits >_>

It seems a little odd that Rice has shaved about 12 seconds off of her time in this event in less than a year. I don't know how seriously to take some of these swimming records anymore when people can destroy existing records by a second or two, when people used to break WR's by tenths or hundreths.

To be fair, athletes are way more professional nowadays, as in all they do is train for these events. They're constantly coming up with new training methods and can view hours worth of footage on how to improve their technique and stuff. And they're also making the pools themselves easier to swim in, so that's helping as well. A little bit unfair on previous record holders but that's modern day technology.