World Cup 2010 Thread

I went on the Coral website and looked at some bets I quite fancy putting on. If I put a fiver on England, Italy and Germany to win their groups I get something like 17, and I'll happily risk the fiver for that return. Italy are nailed-on, England have a much better chance of getting the 6+ points it usually takes to top a group than the USA (who, though a good side, are probably being overestimated by a lot of people) and while I like the look of Serbia, Germany just seem to have more about them - and I'm not sure Ballack's injury is that big a deal if it gives Schweinsteiger more freedom.

Then there's combinations of Spain or Brazil to win the whole thing and Villa or Fabiano top scorer. Thinking I might stick another couple of quid on Higuain as well since I've been gushing about him whenever somebody mentions him and I'd be gutted if he gets the Golden Boot and I didn't even back him. Then I've got a bet on a South American side to win the World Cup since no other country has won it outside of their own continent and Argentina and Brazil could easily both make the semis. And just because I think it was about 20-1 I've got England's first goal to be an own goal in there as well.

Haven't actually put them on yet, but that's about £20 I'll probably never see again straight off. Then I'll probably put some bets on the individual games to keep me interested - tomorrow for instance I quite fancy Mexico and South Africa to draw and Uruguay to take France.

Edited by Pesci

I've just put on a 10 match accumulator, if it comes in I'm off backpacking again. £7500 should last me until at least 2020...

SA vs Mexico

Uruguay vs France

Japan South Korea vs Greece - Draw

Argentina vs Nigeria

England vs USA

Germany vs Australia

Holland vs Denmark

Italy vs Paraguay

NZ vs Slovakia

Brazil vs N Korea

Looking at it again now, I probably should of chucked Chile and Spain to win on there too.

Saying that, watch now as Mexico tonk SA 4-0 tonight. :shifty:

Japan, South Korea, I just want to do their women and eat their food, it's all the same to me...