World Cup 2010 Thread

That's not the argument, but based on your myopic and idiotic comments I can safely say, Messi makes mistakes, he is not perfect, just extremely good. Robben injured his hamstring, a similar injury to Michael Owen's in this year League Cup final which he got by running, if you ever pull or tear your muscles by bending awkwardly or running you will realise how easily it can be done by an innocuous movement, hell, using a board specific reference, look at how HHH tore his quad in 2001, he did it by planting his foot forward.

Also Robben has been on fire this season, and by saying "he is our Messi" they are not saying he is as good as that player they are showing him to be a talisman and driving force for the squad, nowhere did they say "He is as good as Lionel Messi" so open your eyes and stop being dumb.

• Like 3

• Admin
Ten people have been injured after thousands of fans rushed the gates at a World Cup warm-up match between Nigeria and North Korea.

Several fans could be seen falling under the stampede of people outside the 10,000-seater Makhulong Stadium in Johannesburg.

The first rush came when the gates were opened to allow fans into the stadium.

Police quickly closed the gates, but when they were reopened, a second rush occurred, with more people falling under the crush of bodies.

Shortly after the second rush, the gates were closed again and much of the crowd dispersed.

"Nine civilians and a policeman were injured during the match. The incident happened at the gate," a police spokeswoman said.

The Nigeria and North Korea teams were lining up for the national anthems when the incident happened.

They had no idea what was going on outside the gates.

Last year, FIFA fined Ivory Coast's football federation $46,800 (around £30,000) after 22 people died in a stampede at a World Cup qualifying match.

Nigeria have had possibly the worst build-up to a tournament, ever.

That's not the argument, but based on your myopic and idiotic comments I can safely say, Messi makes mistakes, he is not perfect, just extremely good. Robben injured his hamstring, a similar injury to Michael Owen's in this year League Cup final which he got by running, if you ever pull or tear your muscles by bending awkwardly or running you will realise how easily it can be done by an innocuous movement, hell, using a board specific reference, look at how HHH tore his quad in 2001, he did it by planting his foot forward.

Also Robben has been on fire this season, and by saying "he is our Messi" they are not saying he is as good as that player they are showing him to be a talisman and driving force for the squad, nowhere did they say "He is as good as Lionel Messi" so open your eyes and stop being dumb.

Bingo.

Robben is going to the World Cup, the injury is less bad than expected. :w00t:

• Like 1

which team is gonna do worst ? North Korea or Denmark ?

I go with Denmark

You have to be a self-pitying Dane, surely, to even think of putting Denmark in the same league as North Korea... Denmark have a group which they could... and according to my WC prediction chart, should... qualify from quite comfortably. Unfortunately they then get Italy in the second round... so... bye.

North Korea are fucked and didn't even read the rules properly. The extent of North Korea's predicament is best explained by the possibility that the second placed team in the group could well be decided based on who scored the most goals against them. :P I'd expect Brazil to smash them, beat the IC and probably sneak a win against Portugal too. Portugal will probably draw with the IC. So that leaves "whoever annihilates North Korea most, goes through".

No contest.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Yeah, Denmark are clear second best in their group. Holland first, Denmark second, and the other two don't matter, though Cameroon are probably better than Japan. I think Holland will finish first because they're good at putting away teams like Cameroon and Japan by like 3 or 4 goals, whereas Denmark have a solid defence but might struggle going forward. So I could see Denmark getting a good result against Holland, but they probably won't be at Holland's level against the other two. Maybe one of Cameroon or Japan could sneak through instead of Denmark but if they keep up their good work from the qualifiers, they should be alright.

I'm cringing every time there's a tackle against any of our players. But nevermind, I suppose you can't wrap them in cotton wool forever.

EDIT: Just saw some of the highlights. Glenn Johnson conceded a penalty, although it was a harsh decision, it was some disastrous defending.