World Cup 2010 Thread

Even if they don't play with full backs, surely Heinze would be the furthest left of the defenders (ie. the closest thing to being a left-back and also a position he's familiar with). I'm not sure of who'd play on the right of that, but it might not be as radical/crazy in practice as it seems.

It'd be one thing if there were this rash of complaints before now ... but all of a sudden a month out we're getting them.

that's what I think is bullshit.

The players have only just started using it, haven't they?

some yes, some no.

It's been in use since January:

"The ball was also used as the match ball of 2009 FIFA Club World Cup in the United Arab Emirates, and a special version of the ball, the Jabulani Angola, was the match ball of the 2010 African Cup of Nations. This ball is also used in the 2010 Clausura Tournament of Argentina as well as the 2010 MLS season in the USA in the league's colours of blue and green."

I'm sick of the complaints about the ball

"Oh yeah, the ball is impossible to defend against."

Hey guess what, the other team has the same problem

• Like 2

the World Cup ball I remember getting the most complaints was the 2002 one. I actually had that ball though and it was absolutely amazing. I've never played with a better ball.

People just like to blame anyone but themselves when they fuck up. >_>

the World Cup ball I remember getting the most complaints was the 2002 one. I actually had that ball though and it was absolutely amazing. I've never played with a better ball.

People just like to blame anyone but themselves when they fuck up. >_>

Fevernova2002koreajapan.jpg

This one?

I had one of them too, Fantastic ball. I remember it had some kind of cushion-y middle layer that you could really feel when you stuck the ball.

[Edit] Looking at the posts under the one I quoted, Looks like someone already posted a pic of the ball.

Italian Squad:

Goalkeepers

Gianluigi Buffon Juventus

Morgan De Sanctis Napoli

Federico Marchetti Cagliari

Defenders

Fabio Cannavaro Juventus

Giorgio Chiellini Juventus

Gianluca Zambrotta Milan

Domenico Criscito Genoa

Christian Maggio Napoli

Salvatore Bocchetti Genoa

Leonardi Bonucci Bari

Midfielders

Gennaro Gattuso AC Milan

Andrea Pirlo AC Milan

Mauro Camoranesi Juventus

Daniele De Rossi Roma

Angelo Palombo Sampdoria

Simone Pepe Udinese

Riccardo Montolivo Fiorentina

Claudio Marchisio Juventus

Forwards

Alberto Gilardino Fiorentina

Vincenzo Iaquinta Juventus

Antonio Di Natale Udinese

Fabio Quagliarella Napoli

Giampaolo Pazzini Sampdoria

Rossi has been left out, yet Camoranesi has been included, despite being slightly injured. The weird 'feud' continues with Lippi and Cassano/Miccoli, so still neither make it. Gutted for Rossi the most though, but Lippi got it right last time, so maybe he just will again. Six CM's over the likes of Borriello though is a little worrying, but we'll see.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

...And there are 23 of them.:P

England, Italy and Germany all have 23/23 playing in their home country.

Spain have 20 (and the other three are all in England). Might even be 21 by the time the WC starts. :P

North Korea have 21, with the other two based in Japan.

Japan get admirably close, with 19.

On the other side of the coin, Nigeria are the only team to have no home-based players in their squad at all, Ivory Coast have 1, Slovakia, Slovenia and Uraguay have 2, Brazil and Algeria 3.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I read somewhere that the players could be blaming the ball for problems brought on by playing at an unfamiliar altitude, does this make sense?