Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

Doing t' Carragher route to being picked at centre-half. Start being played at fullback for t' team before gradually making your way back into t' middle.

And hopefully cumulating with him being actually ran over by Romelu Lukaku :shifty:

Another 9 points brings me to 46 points from t' weekend (and Monday's) fixtures.

And a permanent ban from your leagues you mangy shits :(

There is one team waiting to join t' fantasy.premierleague one after this points round, "Jelavic & t' Others", that you?

No that ones me! I stupidly forgot to do my fantasy team before t' weekends games.

• Admin

Danny Welbeck has signed a new four year deal at Manchester United.

Danny Welbeck on signing on a new four year deal at Manchester United: "Playing for United is all I've ever wanted to do - it's the club I've supported all my life.

"I can't wait for the challenge of the new season to play my part in helping the team compete for trophies. I'm learning all the time from the best manager in the game and I'm keen for that to continue alongside the world class players in the squad."

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson on Danny Welbeck signing on a new four year contract: ""Danny has been with the club since he was eight years old and has made fantastic progress in the last couple of years - first out on loan and last year as a regular in the first team.

"He has become an important player at international level as well, as the maturity of his performances at the European Championships showed.

"This year is another important one for him. He has a bright future ahead of him."

• Admin
Everton academy coach Kevin Sheedy is diagnosed with bowel cancer, the club reveals.

Sheedy, 52, twice helped the Toffees win the title in 1985 and 1987 as well as the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1985 during a career spanning 369 games for the club.

"It's not ideal but I have to remain positive," says Sheedy. "There is a history in the family."

:(

• Admin
A new initiative announced by the Football Association will allow English non-league clubs to bid for grants of up to £150,000. 16 individual grants of £50,000 are available over the next two years under the scheme, with one club each year then eligible for a £100,000 super grant.

"This £1million investment as part of the Budweiser Club Futures programme is a fantastic gesture, with the £100,000 super grant being a real pot of gold for the clubs involved," Sir Trevor Brooking, the FA's director of football development, said.

• Admin

Regarding the Liverpool documentary - it will be shown as a six-part series on both sides of the pond, with screening scheduled to start in the US on 16 September.

UK details have yet to be confirmed, but it is understood that it will be shown in the UK at a similar time on Channel 5.

Regarding the Liverpool documentary - it will be shown as a six-part series on both sides of the pond, with screening scheduled to start in the US on 16 September.

I saw the advert for it while I was streaming West Brom-Liverpool from the Fox Soccer Channel. Was a bit vague and I'm not sure how in-depth it'll be, but I'll obviously be watching because it's my team. Probably wouldn't bother if it was any other side though.