Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

I haven't seen it in replay, someone showed a still picture of it with his foot just below Fletcher's knee level but pictures like that can be deceiving. I'm in no hurry to see the 'highlights' of the match any time soon.

Also was it just me or did Cabaye make about 8 fouls and only get booked in the last five minutes or so. While none of his fouls seemed overly bad it seemed odd it took so many for him to finally be carded. Although I think Tiote's sending off played some part in that, no way did the referee what to have to make another. Although even if Tiote and Cabaye were off the pitch I doubt we'd have won the centre midfield battle, I like Colback but he's a ball player not a blood and thunder type. And Larsson just isn't a central midfielder. I'd have dropped McClean, let Johnson play on the left and Larsson on the right and stuck Vaughan/Gardner/Meyler in the middle - but all good in hindsight, and I haven't won any trophies as a manager..

I could say the same of Gardner in fairness and he didn't get booked at all, sometimes central midfielders will commit fouls. Can't remember any being particularly nasty or in tactically dangerous positions. And he's so darn handsome.

Cheers Jon Moss, don't have to worry about Pienaar next week now.

Two harsh red cards today, Don't think Tiote's is a red because he was simply in the middle of swinging his red to kick the ball when Fletcher happened to come running in and well Pienaar's is just stupid

Liverpool are apparently interested in some strikers: Schalke's Klaus Jan Huntelaar, whose contract talks have stalled, and 18 year old Joel Pohjanpalo from HJK Helsinki. I want the latter for his fantastic name. We need a good one after we sold N'Gog.

We should *hopefully* be spending money in January after that clusterfuck of a transfer deadline day, and while I would love us to get Huntelaar I just can't see it happening for a few reasons such as while we are in desperate need of a striker would we break our little only buying young players rule considering he is currently 29, how much would he cost, would he actually wanna join etc etc.

Huntelaar would be an awesome signing, but after failing to sign Dempsey, is it even likely you'll get someone good? Would love Klaus in the prem though.

By all accounts, the board are going to go all out in January because of the failure to sign Dempsey.

The more I think about it, the more likely I see us getting Sturridge. He isn't happy at Chelsea, he's young, he can play wide or through the middle (like Rodgers prefers) and the price we pay will help fund Chelsea's move for Falcao.

We should *hopefully* be spending money in January after that clusterfuck of a transfer deadline day, and while I would love us to get Huntelaar I just can't see it happening for a few reasons such as while we are in desperate need of a striker would we break our little only buying young players rule considering he is currently 29, how much would he cost, would he actually wanna join etc etc.

From what I was reading Huntelaar due to being out of contract in Summer would be available for about €5 million. Which I think is less than what Dempsey would've cost us?

From what I was reading Huntelaar due to being out of contract in Summer would be available for about €5 million. Which I think is less than what Dempsey would've cost us?

Didn't know about the possibility of his contract being up. I've heard about Llorente's being up because that is another name that has been linked. I think he'd rather move to a team with Champions League football or the possibility of it rather then a team looking to break back into the top 4 within the next two seasons.

I've decided to become a Newcastle fan, for sentimental reasons. Are they doing well?

Depends, are you a realistic '2009/10 Championship Champions' fan or a unrealistic '2014 UEFA Champions League Winners' fan?

I've decided to become a Newcastle fan, for sentimental reasons. Are they doing well?

Depends, are you a realistic '2009/10 Championship Champions' fan or a unrealistic '2014 UEFA Champions League Winners' fan?

What about a 2016 Europa League Winners fan? shifty.gif

• Like 3

I'm a "they don't waste as much money as any of the bigger clubs" and a "I ruined my 92/93 Juventus shirt and want a new one that looks similar" fan.

EDIT - Also, I like magpies.