Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

The timing of it is just so strange. Why change the manager when they are just starting to do well?

Because stupid foreign owners who don't know how to properly run football clubs exist.

They did this to Alan Pardew too when they were in L1, it was ridiculous. Hopefully Adkins lands on his feet as well as Pardew did.

Pochettino can't even speak English. It's just ridiculous.

The timing of it is just so strange. Why change the manager when they are just starting to do well?

Because stupid foreign owners who don't know how to properly run football clubs exist.

They did this to Alan Pardew too when they were in L1, it was ridiculous. Hopefully Adkins lands on his feet as well as Pardew did.

Pochettino can't even speak English. It's just ridiculous.

If that is the case I'm hoping it ends up like when Claudio Ranieri had a translator when he first went to Chelsea and the translator decided to say completely different things before eventually getting fired.

Personally I don't agree with the decision to sack Adkins. The team are starting to play better, the fans have stuck with him and he deserves his chance in the Prem considering he helped them get promoted in the first place. It could be a blessing in disguise or it could completely ruin them for the rest of the season.

Wonder how long ago this was planned. Adkins has only lost twice in the last 12 games and is coming off a draw away at Chelsea.It sounds like similar circumstances to the Nottingham Forest situation a few weeks ago, I guess the chairman was waiting for an opportunity to get rid of him so he could bring in a new manager for the transfer window. The opportunity never really came but time was running out for him to do it. Hopefully Adkins can find a new job soon, two promotions in two years will make him a good choice for quite a few teams.